Indian cuisine constitutes the exotic blend of flavors from the Himalayas in the North to the Eastern Bay of Bengal. Featuring hundreds of recipes, such as Indian-Style Coleslaw, Rice Pudding, and Indian Corn Flatbread, The Everything Indian Cookbook guides readers through preparing delicious Indian cuisine right in their own homes.From basic Indian flavors and spices to Indian cooking methods and meals, The Everything Indian Cookbook offers a diverse set of recipes perfect for both vegetarians and meat-eaters.Featuring delicious recipes for:Appetizers, such as Paneer TikkaBreads, such Simple Naan BreadSalads, such as Spicy Papaya SaladCurry dishes, such as Goat Chicken CurrySeafood dishes, such as Shrimp KoliwadaSpecial vegetarian fare, such as Lentil and Rice KedgeeChutneys, such as Mint Cilantro ChutneyDesserts, such as Mango MousseWhether cooks want to prepare a meal for one - or a flavorful feast for company - The Everything Indian Cookbook will have them serving up tasty Indian cuisine to tempt anyone!
Indian cuisine constitutes the exotic blend of flavors from the Himalayas in the North to the Eastern Bay of Bengal. Featuring hundreds of recipes, such as Indian-Style Coleslaw, Rice Pudding, and Indian Corn Flatbread, The Everything Indian Cookbook guides you through preparing delicious Indian cuisine right in your own home. From basic Indian flavors and spices to Indian cooking methods and meals, The Everything Indian Cookbook offers a diverse set of recipes perfect for both vegetarians and meat-eaters. Whether you want to prepare a meal for one-or a flavorful feast for company-The Everything Indian Cookbook will have you serving up tasty Indian cuisine to tempt anyone!
Born in New Delhi, raised in the Middle East, and living in Washington, D.C., acclaimed food writer Monica Bhide is the perfect representative of the new generation of Indian American cooks who have taken traditional dishes, painstakingly prepared by their Indian mothers and grandmothers, and updated them for modern American lifestyles and tastes. Respectful of the techniques and history of Indian cuisine but eager to experiment, Bhide has written simple but deeply flavorful recipes. Modern Spice takes the vibrant tastes of India into the twenty-first century with a cookbook that is young, fun, sassy, and bold. Dishes like Pomegranate Shrimp, Paneer and Fig Pizza, and Coriander-and-Fennel-Crusted Lamb Chops are contemporary and creative. Bhide pours Guava Bellinis and Tamaritas for her guests, and serves Chile Pea Puffs and Indian Chicken Wings; instead of Chicken Tikka Masala, she serves Chicken with Mint and Ginger Rub. Make-ahead condiments such as Pineapple Lentil Relish and Kumquat and Mango Chutney with Onion Seeds add a piquant accent to the simplest dish. There are plenty of options for everyday meals, including Butternut Squash Stew with Jaggery, Indian-Style Chili in Bread Bowls, and Crabby Vermicelli, along with plentiful recipes for elegant dishes like Tamarind-Glazed Honey Shrimp and Chicken Breasts Stuffed with Paneer. For an original and effortless finish, spoon Raspberry and Fig Jam Topping over tart frozen yogurt or a store-bought pound cake, or if you have more time, tempt guests with exotic sweets such as Saffron-Cardamom Macaroons or Rice Pudding and Mango Parfait. As Mark Bittman says in his foreword, "there is not a cuisine that uses spices with more grace and craft than that of India," and Bhide's recipes do so, but without long and daunting lists of exotic ingredients. In keeping with its local approach to global flavors, Modern Spice includes a guide to the modern Indian pantry and Monica's thoughtful, charming essays on food, culture, and family. Eight pages of gorgeous color photographs showcase the recipes.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.