Detox Juicing provides readers with one hundred juice and smoothie recipes that will give their bodies a relief from poor food choices and hectic lifestyles, allowing them to replenish and awaken their full healing capacities. The recipes are conveniently organized in three-, seven-, and fourteen-day easy-to-follow detox programs. All are designed to cleanse the body from the inside out--removing many of the toxins we are bombarded with in our modern lives that come from our food, cleaning and beauty products, the environment, and even negative emotions.Detox Juicing is a perfect introduction to the fasting and detox processes. Authors Morena Escardo and Morena Cuadra explore the processes in depth, by explaining their importance for the overall state of our health, giving recommendations on how to complement a detox diet with simple lifestyle changes, and guiding readers to make informed decisions when it comes to ingredients, juicing equipment, and choosing a program that is right for them.This book offers powerful detoxing tools that everyone can follow, no matter their physical conditions or eating habits. Readers will come away learning new ways of relating to their bodies and to food, and how making a few key changes in their lives can positively impact their health in the long run.
Add some spice to your cuisine! From delicious dips to exotic entrees and desserts, The Everything Peruvian Cookbook is the perfect introduction to the latest culinary trend that is sweeping the food world. Peruvian cuisine is popping up in cities all over, and now popular food bloggers Morena Cuadra and Morena Escardo will teach you how to make these exciting dishes right at home! You'll find recipes for 300 vibrant, flavorful dishes, including: Tamale-style quinoa stew Aji de gallina Lima bean tacu tacu Yemecillas acarameladas (Candied Egg Yolk Confections) Pisco sour The Everything Peruvian Cookbook is filled with eclectic and unique recipes that come from the native Quechua culture, and Spanish, African, Japanese, and Chinese cooking traditions. With this cookbook on hand, your guests will be begging for seconds!
Peruvian food has been climbing the culinary ladder at full speed, praised by the untrained palate of the average traveler and by food experts alike. Local Peruvian chefs are quickly gaining international celebrity status, opening restaurants in major cities around the world. Peru's millenary staple ingredients, such as quinoa, maca, and purple potatoes, have finally reached beyond their country's boundaries, and are seducing people of every background. Peruvian food's popularity surged in 2013, named as the International Year of Quinoa by the UN, during which Peru was named the world's leading culinary destination for the second year on a row.Peruvian food, as it is known today, is a fusion of its Incan roots, mixed with Spanish, Arab, African, Chinese, Italian, Japanese, and French influences. The ingredients and techniques of each of these culinary traditions have left a clear mark through time on the basic Incan diet, and the result is a vast and colorful range of dishes, each telling a distinct story.The Peruvian Kitchen is a journey through the diverse gastronomy of this country that will allow both those who have tried and fallen in love with Peruvian food already, and those who are first encountering it, the opportunity to get intimately acquainted with this exotic universe of flavors, techniques, and traditions. This book will be your go-to guide for creating a real Peruvian culinary experience at home--learn the history and traditions behind this famous cuisine and enjoy more than one hundred recipes, including cebiches, piqueos, soups, traditional sweets, and much more!
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.