Historical novel of the struggle for Irish independence, seen through the eyes of a young Irish partisan.
At age fifteen, Ned Halloran lost both of his parents--and almost his own life--when the Titanic sank. Determined to keep what little he has, he returns to his homeland of Ireland and enrolls at Saint Edna's school in Dublin. Saint Edna's headmaster is the renowned scholar and poet, Patrick Pearse--who is soon to gain greater fame as a rebel and patriot. Ned becomes deeply involved with the growing revolution . . . and the sacrifices it will demand.Through Ned's eyes, Morgan Llywelyn's 1916 examines the Irish fight for freedom--inspired by poets and schoolteachers, fueled by a desperate desire for independence, and played out in the historic streets of Dublin against the background of World War I. It is a story of the brave men and heroic women who, for a few unforgettable days, managed to hold out against the might of the British Empire.
Novel about the beginning of Irish independence from England, and the subsequent civil war, seen through the eyes of a fictional journalist. Some violence.
The story of Ireland from 1950-1972 through the eyes of a young newspaper photographer, son and grandson of Irish revolutionaries.
The tale of the coming of the Irish to Ireland and of the men and women who made that emerald isle their own.
Brian Boru as a young man took it upon himself to revolutionize 10th-century Ireland, striving to create a peaceful land.
Historical fiction about Caesar's campaign in Gaul, told by a holy and revered man who was the best friend of Vercingetorix, the mighty warrior who became king of the Celts.
Somewhere in the shadowy borderland between myth and history lies the territory of Finn Mac Cool, Mightiest of the Irish heroes, leader of the invincible army of Fianna, he was a man of many faces: warrior, poet, lover, creator, destroyer.
Historical fiction about Grace O'Malley, an Irish chieftain in the late 1500's.
The mighty Connla is weary from the tiresome and bloody battle fought in the name of his father, Conn, and his land, Erin. Willingly, he lets himself become intoxicated by the surreal beauty of a fairy-woman who offers to take him to a faraway, forbidden land where all his desires will be fulfilled. He welcomes the opportunity to be away from the gruesome war that has consumed his life for so long, but what price will the warrior pay to be in a land void of death, loss and pain? Does the pleasure of the company of the stunning stranger outweigh the price he must pay to remain in THE ISLES OF THE BLEST?
In Red Branch, Morgan Llywelyn burns away the mist of a hundred legends to discover the fierce and tender life of Cuchulain and the Red Branch warriors. It's among them that the tragedy of Ulster may have first begun--in the fatal beauty of Deirdre, the brutal jealousy of King Conor, and the avenging might of the king's champion, Cuchulain.
The three volumes of The Arcana tell of the desperate quest to rediscover the ancient tools of creation and restore a world that lives only in memory. The lost world at the outermost limit of human desire. Book One tells the story of Silverhand, he who was foretold, he who is destined to save the world from Chaos.
Based on the true events of 12th century Ireland, this is the story of Richard de Clare (Strongbow), the greatest of all Norman knights, and Aoife, the free-spirited but willful Irish princess who took up a sword alongside Strongbow to defend her people and her land. Historical fiction.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.