All Social Work students are required to undertake specific learning and assessment in partnership working and information sharing across professional disciplines and agencies. Increasingly, social workers are also finding that they need to deal with a wide range of other professions as part of their daily work. It is essential therefore that social workers can work effectively and collaboratively with these professions while retaining their own values and identity. This updated second edition will prepare social work students to work with a wide variety of professions including youth workers, the police, teachers and educators, the legal profession and health professionals.
'This is a timely and well crafted text which is to be commended, with strong chapters from knowledgeable and committed authors. A stimulating read and one which will be of considerable use to those with responsibility for leading and managing learning in social care and social work' - Keith Popple, Professor of Social Work, London South Bank University 'This is a welcome and timely book, which forecasts the growing need for workplace learning. I will be one of the first people to buy it' - Jan Fook, Professor of Social Work, University of Southampton This core textbook provides an authoritative overview of the leadership and management of learning in social care education and practice. Written in response to recent policy and continuing professional development frameworks, the book provides the underpinning knowledge for candidates following post-qualifying awards for social work in leadership, management and practice education Key features include: " reference to the relevant post-qualifying standards in social work at Higher Specialist and Advanced levels " an interprofessional approach " case studies, activities and points for reflection. Leadership and Management in Social Care will equip readers with the relevant knowledge and skills they need to improve the quality of social care services and their delivery. With an emphasis upon continuing professional development it will become essential reading for students following social work and social care qualifications for continuing professional development. Social care practitioners responsible for staff development and interested in progressing to management roles will also find the book invaluable. Trish Hafford-Letchfield is a senior lecturer at London South Bank University for social work, higher education and leadership and management courses. Kate Leonard is a senior lecturer at LSBU and freelance trainer, assessor and mentor. Nasa Begum has been Principal Advisor for Participation at SCIE since 2003 and is a researcher. Neil Chick is Organisational Learning Manager for a housing association and coach mentor.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.