The functional materials with the most promising outlook have the ability to precisely adjust the biological phenomenon in a controlled mode. Engineering of advanced bio- materials has found striking applications in used for biomedical and diagnostic device applications, such as cell separation, stem-cell, drug delivery, hyperthermia, automated DNA extraction, gene targeting, resonance imaging, biosensors, tissue engineering and organ regeneration.
This book compiles all aspects of biomimetics from fundamental principles to current technological advances and their future trends in the development of nanoscale biomaterials and tissue engineering. The scope of this book is principally confined to biologically-inspired design of materials and systems for the development of next generation nanobiomaterials and tissue engineering. The book addresses the state-of-the-art of research progress in the applications of the principles, processes, and techniques of biomimetics. The prospective outcomes of current advancements and challenges in biomimetic approaches are also presented.
This cutting edge book provides all the important aspects dealing with the basic science involved in materials in biomedical technology, especially structure and properties, techniques and technological innovations in material processing and characterizations, as well as the applications. The volume consists of 12 chapters written by acknowledged experts of the biomaterials field and covers a wide range of topics and applications.
A cutting-edge look at the application of micro and nanotechnologies in regenerative medicineThe area at the interface of micro/nanotechnology and stem cells/tissue engineering has seen an explosion of activity in recent years. This book provides a much-needed overview of these exciting developments, covering all aspects of micro and nanotechnologies, from the fundamental principles to the latest research to applications in regenerative medicine.Written and edited by the top researchers in the field, Micro and Nanotechnologies in Engineering Stem Cells and Tissues describes advances in material systems along with current techniques available for cell, tissue, and organ studies. Readers will gain tremendous insight into the state of the art of stem cells and tissue engineering, and learn how to use the technology in their own research or clinical trials. Coverage includes:Technologies for controlling or regulating stem cell and tissue growthVarious engineering approaches for stem cell, vascular tissue, and bone regenerationThe design and processing of biocompatible polymers and other biomaterialsCharacterization of the interactions between cells and biomaterialsUnrivaled among books of this kind, Micro and Nanotechnologies in Engineering Stem Cells and Tissues is the ultimate forward-looking reference for researchers in numerous disciplines, from engineering and materials science to biomedicine, and for anyone wishing to understand the trends in this transformative field.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.