SPECIAL NOTE: The original text of this book is in a format similar to an outline but without an outline's conventions. In order to follow the author's intent the following has been adopted to clarify sentences and paragraphs that are subordinate to preceding text. A chapter's primary sentences and/or paragraphs are preceded by a single asterisk(*). A sentence or paragraph that is subordinate to the single asterisk sentence/paragraph will have two asterisks(**). A sentence that is subordinate to the one with two asterisks will have three asterisks(***) and so on. Ask most people what a franchise is and they will likely reply McDonalds or Burger King. This book outlines the many types of franchises available and serves a a primer for anyone interested in going into business for themselves. It includes information on both domestic and international franchising and provides guidance on getting in to franchising as a franchisor or a franchisee. It also provides insights about potential pitfalls.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.