- Table View
- List View
In New York of the 1940's, a boy tries to befriend a girl traumatized by Nazi brutality in France.
Fifteen-year-old Anthony falls for Kelly, the mysterious girl whom he meets singing in Central Park and joins to perform street music all over New York, but their romance is threatened by their very different backgrounds.
Fourteen-year-old Lisa, a talented amateur photographer, becomes involved in a bittersweet relationship with an emotionally disturbed boy when she does a photo essay on his run-down home up in the hills.
A street-punk poet and an old painter form a friendship and confront their fears.
Three very different high school classmates find their friendship severely tested by the pressures of growing up.
Cathy Dunn knew that if shed did not give her penny to the witch, the old lady would turn her into a lizard, or a goat, or a spider so small Cathy's mother would step on her. But one day Cathy decided that she would not give up her penny, and that was the day she came down with a fever.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.