- Table View
- List View
Designed for a two-semester introductory course in economics, this textbook covers micro- and macro-economics. After dealing with the basic tools of supply and demand, Mankiw looks at government intervention in market allocations, firm and industrial organization behavior, labor markets, the behavior of the real economy over the long run, and the macroeconomics of open economies, and short run fluctuations within long run trends. Similarly to many textbooks on economics and many other subjects, there is little acknowledgment of controversy within the field.
PRINCIPLES OF ECONOMICS continues to be the most popular and widely used text in the Economics classroom. The 4th edition features a strong revision of content in all 36 chapters while maintaining the clear and accessible writing style that is the hallmark of the highly respected author. The 4th edition also features an expanded instructor's resource package designed to assist instructors in course planning and classroom presentation and full integration of content with Aplia, the leading online Economics education program. In the 4th edition Greg Mankiw has created a full educational program for students and instructors -- Experience Mankiw 4e. "I have tried to put myself in the position of someone seeing economics for the first time. My goal is to emphasize the material that students should and do find interesting about the study of the economy. " - N. Gregory Mankiw.
PRINCIPLES OF MACROECONOMICS, Sixth Edition, became a best seller after its introduction and continues to be the most popular and widely used text in the economics classroom. Instructors found it the perfect complement to their teaching. A text by a superb writer and economist that stressed the most important concepts without overwhelming students with an excess of detail was a formula that was quickly imitated, but has yet to be matched. The sixth edition features a strong revision of content in all twenty-three chapters. Dozens of new applications emphasize the real-world relevance of economics for today's students through interesting news articles, realistic case studies, and engaging problems. The premier ancillary package is the most extensive in the industry, using a team of instructors/preparers that have been with the project since the first edition. The text material is again fully integrated into Aplia, the best-selling online homework solution. "I have tried to put myself in the position of someone seeing economics for the first time. My goal is to emphasize the material that students should and do find interesting about the study of the economy. "--N. Gregory Mankiw.
In writing this textbook, Mankiw has tried to put himself in the position of someone seeing economics for the first time. The author's conversational writing style is superb for presenting the politics and science of economic theories to tomorrow's decision-makers. Because Mankiw wrote it for the students, the book stands out among all other principle texts by intriguing students to apply an economic way of thinking in their daily lives. Receiving such praise as "perhaps the best ever" textbook in economic principles, it's no wonder Mankiw's prize project has quickly become one of the most successful books ever to be published in the college marketplace.
In the fourth edition of this book, more is devoted to applications and less to formal economic theory. Most chapters include case studies illustrating how the principles of economics are applied. "In The News" boxes offer excerpts from newspaper articles showing how economic ideas shed light on current issues facing society.
This book "Principles of Macroeconomics, Aplia Edition" contains nine parts covering topics on: The Real Economy in the Long Run, Money and Prices in the Long Run, The Macroeconomics of Open Economies, Short Run Economic Fluctuations, and Final Thoughts.
In this textbook, Mankiw's conversational writing style helps in presenting the politics and science of economic theories to tomorrow's decision-makers. The book is intriguing students to apply an economic way of thinking in their daily lives.
Economics combines the virtues of politics and science. It is, truly, a social science. Its subject matter is society-- how people choose to lead their lives and how they interact with one another. But it approaches the subject with the dispassion of a science. By bringing the methods of science to the questions of politics, economics tries to make progress on the challenges that all societies face. This book is devoted more to applications-- and less to formal economic theory. Most chapters include case studies illustrating how the principles of economics are applied. Although the principles of economics are timeless, the application of those principles changes over time as events unfold and as policymakers consider new initiatives. To keep the study of economics fresh and relevant for each new cohort of students, teachers of economics must constantly update their courses. This new edition contributes to that effort by including dozens of new case studies and boxes.
To help you use it efficiently, this Study Guide focuses strictly on the material presented in Mankiw's Principles of Microeconomics, Third Edition.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.