- Table View
- List View
From the Book jacket: "In all the country. New England holds the richest repository of stories of the supernatural," writes Holly Nadler. "And why not? The region has all the elements of a ghost factory. First you take a foundation of Native American culture trampled underfoot,... Add to that the layers of colorful history-rag-tag militia vs. Redcoats, Puritans vs. witches, pirates and smugglers vs. everyone,... Is it any wonder that Boston, the area's oldest, biggest, and in its own uptight, repressed way, its most passionate city should be overrun with spirits?" Ranging from the eighteenth century to the present and from Beacon Hill to windswept Cape Ann, Ghosts of Boston Town proves that the Boston region indeed offers a remarkable variety of ghostly phenomena. Many of these accounts are satisfyingly ghoulish and creepy; some are colored with a certain poignancy or even a trace of humor, for these are stories of the living as well as the dead. In these pages, experienced ghost researcher Holly Nadler (author of Haunted Island: True Ghost Stories from Martha's Vineyard) takes us on a wonderfully disturbing tour of the supernatural neighborhoods of Boston town.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ���DAISY Text with Images���.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.