- Table View
- List View
The sequel picks up where the first book ended, but now Dr. Roach's army is even more powerful. He is so strong that he is able to do the unthinkable--he's able to scan-in the CyberSkunks! What will happen to the skunks and can they survive? Will Doug and Jamie be able to save their super-skunk friends and finally stop Dr. Roach, Commander Hund, and VIRUS before they take over the world? In this series, thirteen-year-old Doug narrates the stories in a series of blog posts (many interrupted by either his best friend, smart girl Jamie, or the artificial intelligence who mothers him, Auntie M) about how he's trying to save the world and clear his name after being branded a terrorist and a murderer.
Thirteen-year-old Doug narrates in a series of blog posts (many interrupted by either his best friend, smart girl Jamie, or the artificial intelligence who mothers him, the avatar) how he came to temporarily save the world and to be branded a terrorist and a murderer. He was innocently playing video games in the employee lounge of the biotechnology center where his aunt was a director when an insane genius ex-employee broke in, stole the equipment to digitize anyone and make his own biodroid army, killed Doug's aunt, and blew up the center (and soon the nearby town). Doug managed to escape, accidentally creating three super-powered creatures, and gaining a electronics-destroying superpower of his own with which to fight the evil Dr. Roach.
700 PATHS TO A JOB YOU LOVE Are you established in a career but feeling the need for a change? Interested in starting your own business and looking for an alternative to the more traditional enterprises? Graduating from college (or high school) and wondering what to do now? If you are searching for an offbeat, soul-satisfying profession that offers more than just a paycheck, enrolling in a certification program could be the perfect first step to finding the job that is made for you. You're Certifiable is packed with more than 700 ideas for alternative careers as well as all the information that you need to embark on your chosen field, such as: * Holistic health: from acupressure to hypnotherapy * Crafts: From violin making to glassblowing * Art and design: from museum studies to Feng Shui * Working with animals: from horse training to pet grooming * Outdoor pursuits: from diving to hot-air balloon piloting * Food and drink: from beer brewing to cake decorating The first-ever comprehensive directory of certification programs throughout the country, You're Certifiable provides the essentials on how to get certified in the career of your choice, how long it will take, how much it costs, and what to expect once you start working. Lee and Joel Naftali have gathered all the tools you need to find your perfect niche in the professional world.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.