IT ALL BEGAN WITH A SIMPLE chat:-) This utterly original novel invites you to "eavesdrop" on the electronic correspondence between two people who have just met online: Bev, a tough-minded book editor who has been logging on for years, and Max, a restless advertising copywriter who boldly strikes up a conversation. With each e-mail exchange, two people who are at first faceless come vibrantly alive through their sometimes serious, frequently funny, and always believable messages to each other. As Bev becomes less inhibited, Max becomes more fascinated, and their relationship grows more intense -- until an unforeseen event changes the rules of the game forever. Intimate, compelling, and unpredictable, Chat gives a fresh twist to the thrill of romantic adventure.
ALL IT TAKES IS THE DESIRE TOconnect}}: -) In the second novel of her acclaimed cybertrilogy, Nan McCarthy resumes the compelling story of Bev and Max, the two intriguing strangers who met online in "Chat. " As you "eavesdrop" on their private e-mail correspondence, their relationship continues to unfold entirely through electronic messages. With their lives now unexpectedly -- and irrevocably -- intertwined, Bev and Max must contemplate the consequences of their deepening intimacy. Revealing themselves in what they choose to say -- and leave unsaid -- Bev and Max soon usher their romantic adventure into unexplored territory. . . With a gifted ear for the ups and downs of romance in the technological age, Nan McCarthy has created a story that is as seductive as it is surprising.
LOSS OF CONTROL CAN LEAD TO A crash;-)The wild ride chronicled inChatandConnect,the first two novels in Nan McCarthy's heralded cybertrilogy, comes to a jolting conclusion in Crash. You are invited once again to "eavesdrop" on the private e-mail conversations of Bev and Max, two strangers who met online -- and whose relationship has grown more intense, and complex, than they ever imagined. Laced with humor and provocative confessions, their impassioned exchanges seem to be leading them to the brink of the inevitable. . . . With a true storyteller's flourish, Nan McCarthy brings to a close a romantic adventure that is at once familiar, unique, and entirely unforgettable.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.