- Table View
- List View
Find the right words for the best job! It's not enough to have the talent and experience to land the right job-you have to be able to put that talent and experience into words. With just the right phrase, you can highlight your achievements in your resume, make the cover letter pitch that sets you apart from the crowd, and underscore your unique skill set in the interview that lands you the job. In1,001 Phrases You Need to Get a Job, employment gurus Nancy Schuman and Burton Jay Nadler show you how to walk the walk and talk the talk you need to win the job you want.
No matter how good your resume looks on paper, you won't get the job until you ace the interview. That critical one-on-one interview is yourbestchance to showcase your skills-if you make a good impression. InThe Everything Job Interview Book, 2nd Edition, you'll learn how to do just that-from what to wear and when to arrive, to closing words and what to write in a follow-up letter. You also get the inside scoop on how to: Calm pre-interview jitters Research potential employers Formulate specific questions Avoid common mistakes Answer tricky questions about salary and experience Keep track of interviews-the ones that went well and those that didn't Return to the workplace after serving in the military Look for a new job instead of retiring Conduct a professional interview over the phone, on the Web, or in a videoconference Packed with hundreds of real-life interview questions (and the answers that employers are looking for!), this is the only book you need to nail the big interview. Joy Darlingtonis a business writer whose work has been published inThe New York Times, The New York Post, The Daily News, Newsday, Readers' Digest, Good Housekeeping, and Cosmopolitan. She is the editor-in-chief forWoman Entrepreneur, a national newsletter for women small-business owners. She lives in New York, NY. Nancy Schumanis a vice president at Lloyd Staffing and the author of several books, includingThe Everything Resume Book, 3rd Edition, Revising Your Resume, andFrom College to Career. She is the resident weekly Jobs and Careers columnist forThe Long Island Pressand she has written articles on careers for consumer publications. She lives in East Northport, NY.
A resume is like the first thirty seconds of a blind date-one with a prospective employer. That's all the time you have to get a hiring authority's attention and-hopefully-an interview. A bad resume will absolutely eliminate you from the competition.Building a strong resume is the single most important step in landing a new job. The Everything Resume Book, 3rd Edition is your one-stop resource for crafting a resume that will highlight your skills and experience to get you the job you want. This hands-on guide offers helpful hints on format and presentation and includes the most up-to-date guidelines for using the Internet in your job search.This completely revised and updated edition includes new information on:Job boardsand the best Web resources for job seekersUsing resumes as a personal brandThe advantages and disadvantages of video resumesSocial networking sites in the job searchGeneration gap issues relating to resumesResume blogsBursting with more than 100 sample resumes for a wide range of professions, this guide contains the information you need to command a prospective employer's attention and score that all-important interview.
In a competitive market, interview skills are among the most important advantages job seekers can have. This book shows you how to hone those skills for success - one word at a time.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.