- Table View
- List View
Two Alexandrias! Alex (short for Alexandria) expects to make new friends when she joins the swim team - but she doesn't count on meeting another Alexandria! How can she make friends with Alexandra, who pushes her into the pool for no reason? Alex knows she should forgive Alexandria, but that seems impossible.
The worst possible partner! That's who Alex gets for the biggest project of the school year. She won't have a chance at first place if she has to work with Eric Linden. He's the slowest kid in third grade. Alex can't understand why he has to be her partner. Is she supposed to share God's love with Eric? Could that be more important than winning first place? Every kid gets into the predicaments that Alex does - ones that start out small and mushroom. Readers will learn from Alex's mistakes and understand that they have the same sources of help that she turns to: a God who loves them and parents who understand. You'll want to read all the books about Alex and her friends and family. Nancy Simpson, who shares Alex's love of sports, lives in Texas.
After spending her school lunch money at a carnival and trying to hide the fact that she is skipping lunch every day. Alex decides that disobeying her parents causes too many problems.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.