- Table View
- List View
This best-selling introduction to medical terminology text is flexible enough to be used in a traditional or a self-instructional course format. Suited for students of all levels in the allied health professions, this text provides the appropriate amount of detail needed to learn the basics of medical terminology. After studying the fundamentals of pronunciation, students can study the chapters in any order the instructor deems appropriate The Third Edition also includes a new chapter on Cancer Medicine and a user-friendly CD-ROM with interactive flashcards, crossword puzzles, and additional exercises. This text with helpful online resources is highly accessible for all health care students, offering a wealth of valuable information at an attractive price. Read the Preface And The Guidelines on How to Use This Book! Do you want to provide your Medical Terminology students with an easy-to-use online learning experience? Our new JBCourseManager is a free online resource when you adopt! JBCourseManager for Essential Medical Terminology, Third Edition features: Pre-loaded instructor resources as well as the function to upload your own Medical search term function Medical term of the day Ability to add your own assignments, quizzes, wikis, workshops, blogs, etc. , and change or remove the pre-loaded content Links to medical term pronounciation Accessible calendar with "upcoming events" reminders Threaded discussion forums, live chat sessions, and instant messaging capabilities Unique discussion forum setting, known as our "Q&A", cuts down on students copying answers Comprehensive reports to view all student activity Complete Companion Website with a vast array of resources including audio files
Completely updated, Introduction to the Health Professions, Sixth Edition provides the most current, comprehensive coverage of all the major health professions. This popular text outlines more than 75 careers and touches on every major facet of the field including training requirements, job responsibilities, and salaries. This fundamental resource provides a thorough review of the U. S. healthcare delivery system, managed care, health care financing, reimbursement, insurance coverage, Medicare, Medicaid, and the impact of new technology on healthcare services. Written specifically for students who plan to become healthcare professionals, this text will give you all the information you need for a successful career! New Topics and Updates in the Sixth Edition Historical review of the health insurance industry in the United States Expanded discussion of public health care--Medicaid, Medicare, and Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP)New section on healthcare reform due to the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act of 2010Up-to-date coverage of individual states' implementation of healthcare reform Future-looking perspective on the evolving roles and responsibilities in health careers and the impact of future demographic and socioeconomic changes on healthcare needs Useful information on educational grants and loan repayment programs Current data for each profession from the latest Occupational Outlook (U. S. Department of Labor, 2010 - 2011)New chapter with current information on athletic trainers Instructor Resources: Transition Guide, Instructor's Manual, PowerPoint Presentations, and a Test Bank. Student Resources: Companion Website Instructors: Bundle this product with additional Jones & Bartlett introductory health professions texts and save your students up to 30% off list price. Contact your Account Specialist for more information.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.