- Table View
- List View
Over the past 40 years, millions of people have participated in the most massive de facto longevity and anti-obesity experiment of all time. They have discovered how to conquer obesity and live longer than everyone else on earth. And now, for the first time ever, they are about to share their secrets with you. JAPANESE WOMEN DON'T GET OLD is based on a fascinating health trend: as the US, the UK and Europe suffer an obesity epidemic that is injuring millions of people, the Japanese people are enjoying the greatest health and longevity in the world - and the lowest obesity rates of any industrialised nation. This is the first book to reveal the secrets of Japanese home cooking and the diet and lifestyle secrets of the Land of Immortal Women: Japan. It is written by Japanese expert Naomi Moriyama, who was born and raised in Tokyo. The book is poised to capitalise on the Western world's concern over obesity and health and fitness, as well as its growing interest in Japanese pop culture and Japanese food.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.