- Table View
- List View
This is the story of young German soldier, Paul Baümer's experiences fighting during "The Great War," World War I. The classic novel has been adapted to utilize shorter sentences and simpler vocabulary. Unusual words are footnoted and defined at the bottom of the pages. There are study questions at the end of the book. Illustrations have been described.
Your complete guide to a higher score on the CSET: Social Science. Why Cliffs TestPrep Guides? Go with the name you know and trust.Get the information you need--fast! Written by test-prep specialists. Contents include the format and content of the exam, proven test-taking strategies and tips, approaches for answering both multiple-choice and constructed-response questions. Subject Area Review entails focused reviews of all subjects tested: world history, U.S. history, geography, civics, economics, and California history and practice questions to aid in subject review and test preparation.Two Full-Length Practice Examinations. Structured like the actual exam. Complete with answers and explanations. References for Additional Study. Test-Prep Essentials from the Experts at CliffsNotes
"Traces the migration of an Oklahoma Dust Bowl family to California and their subsequent hardships as migrant farm workers."--Amazon.com. Adapted and abridged.
Abridged versions of horror stories by Poe. Includes The Fall of the House of Usher, The Tell-Tale Heart, The Pit and the Pendulum, and more.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ���DAISY Text with Images���.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.