This evocative book provides all you need to create life-changing vacations around the world with your kids. You won't find rote itineraries or windy, discursive text, lists of museums and landmarks, festivals and events. Instead, you'll get slice-of-life, ageappropriate experiences in special places that offer life experiences and peeks into different cultures.The book showcases 100 places, each anchored by someone who knows the place intimately. You'll meet Lorenzo Fatzi, a Venetian gondolier, who will share his secrets of the canals; a Nantucket fisherman who gives you a very special nautical tour of the island; animal tracker Vram Seth, who talks about life in India's Ranthambore tiger reserve; and countless others who are cultural treasures, great storytellers, and keepers of a sense of place.Each chapter answers these simple questions: What is the one experience you must have here that will help you understand it better? That will give you insights into its culture and people? That is unforgettable? And that will enrich the life of a child and at what age?Each chapter also includes sidebars:- Culture Pack: Books, recipes, music, and films to preview and supplement actual travel experiences.- Key Intelligence: Carefully curated lists of kid-friendly things to do and see, where to eat and stay, and what parents should be sensitive to or prepared for.From the Trade Paperback edition.
What you won't find inside this book: predictable itineraries and lists of landmarks and events. Instead, you'll get evocative, slice-of-life experiences and age-appropriate ideas that illuminate place and culture. You'll meet actor and travel writer Andrew McCarthy, who tours the suqs of Marrakech with his seven-year-old son; photographer Annie Griffiths, who shares the miraculous migration to Mexico of the monarch butterflies; Tom Ritchie, who has guided countless children and parents to Antarctica for more than 30 years; and countless others who are cultural treasures, great storytellers, and keepers of a sense of place. Packed with ideas to supplement the travel experience - foods, music, films, and carefully curated lists of kid-friendly activities and places to eat and stay - this inspiring book is the perfect trip planner to excite children about culture and the unique magic the world has to offer.
What you eat matters more than how much you eat. There is a diet and exercise plan that covers all the bases--food we should eat and food that tastes good; what is best for our bodies and what is easily doable in the real world--all while offering hunger-free weight loss. Developed by Andrew Larson, M.D. and certified Heath Fitness Specialist Ivy Larson, Clean Cuisine is scientifically proven to reverse diabetes, improve cholesterol and blood pressure, and ease the symptoms of other inflammatory diseases such as multiple sclerosis, fibromyalgia, asthma, allergies, and arthritis. Broken down into eight easy steps and spread over the course of eight weeks, Clean Cuisine will enable readers to transform their bodies one delicious meal at a time by adopting an anti-inflammatory diet and choosing unrefined foods in their most natural, whole state. With guilt-free, delicious recipes and a workout program that has been proven to deliver substantial results with just three 30-minute sessions a week, Clean Cuisine is the long-term answer to eating for optimal health, disease prevention, weight loss, vitality, longevity, and good taste. Includes a foreword by Natalie Morales
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.