- Table View
- List View
Build frontend-to-backend web applications using the best practices of a powerful, fast, and easy-to-deploy server language About This Book * Build a fully-featured REST API to enable client-side single page apps * Utilize TLS to build reliable and secure sites * A quick guide that provides everything a developer needs to know to build end-to-end web applications in Go Who This Book Is For This book is intended for experienced programmers with minimal-to-moderate exposure to the Go language. If you have some fundamentals down, but are looking for more detail when it comes to using Go for the web, this is the book for you. What You Will Learn * Create a listening web server * Route requests * Implement SSL/TLS * Use Go's logic-less templates * Implement caching for maximum performance * Use sessions and cookies * Utilize security best practices to keep users and data safe * Connect to data sources * Create a RESTful API In Detail Go is an open source programming language that makes it easy to build simple, reliable, and efficient software. It is a statically typed language with syntax loosely derived from that of C, adding garbage collection, type safety, some dynamic-typing capabilities, additional built-in types such as variable-length arrays and key-value maps, and a large standard library. Learning Go Web Development is a start-to-finish walkthrough of the topics most critical to anyone building a new web application. Whether it's keeping your application secure, connecting to your database, enabling token-based authentication, or utilizing logic-less templates, this book has you covered. You'll begin by learning about routing requests and implementing SSL. Moving on, you'll get to know about practices to keep users' data safe. By the end of the book, you will be able to build robust, secure, and fully-featured applications for the web. Style and approach This concise book demonstrates by doing. You'll build a component every step of the way and in the end, will have a blogging platform that can be used for personal experimentation and augmented to be used in production.
A practical approach covering everything you need to know to get up and running with Go, starting with the basics and imparting increasingly more detail as the examples and topics become more complicated. The book utilizes a casual, conversational style, rife with actual code and historical anecdotes for perspective, as well as usable and extensible example applications. This book is intended for systems developers and programmers with some experience in either Go and/or concurrent programming who wish to become fluent in building high-performance applications that scale by leveraging single-core, multicore, or distributed concurrency.
If you are a web programmer with experience in developing web services and have a rudimentary knowledge of using Go, then this is the book for you. Basic knowledge of Go as well as knowledge of relational databases and non-relational NoSQL datastores is assumed. Some basic concurrency knowledge is also required.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.