- Table View
- List View
What can an ancient Israeli self-defense system can do for your body? Just ask J-Lo, who thanks Krav Maga for her celebrated derriere. But you don't have to be a movie star to have bootylicious behind-all you need is this book! The Everything fitness dream team has developed workouts that will transform your body into a lean, mean fighting machine-Krav Maga style! With more than 100 instructional photographs, this step-by-step guide shows you how to: Jab your way to a strong core Power up your calves and quads Amp your abs with power training Maximize muscles with weight training Start-and stick!-to a training regimen Master these original, kick-ass work outs, and you'll have the body-and the defense moves-you've always wanted! With The Everything Krav Maga for Fitness Book, sweating has never been so fun!
GET INSIDE GRIMM. NBC's hit television series Grimm pits modern detective Nick Burkhardt of the Portland Police against a cast of terrifying villains--lifted directly from the pages of classic fairytales. In the world of the show, the classic stories are actually a document of real events, and Nick himself is descended from a long line of guardians, or Grimms, charged with defending humanity from the mythological creatures of the world. From The Big Bad Wolf to Sleeping Beauty, The Mythology of Grimm explores the history and folkloric traditions that come into play during Nick's incredible battles and investigations--tapping into elements of mythology that have captured our imaginations for centuries.
A look into the paranormal legends and lore features on the hit television show Supernatural. From angels to demons, The Mythology of Supernatural explores the religious roots and the ancient folklore of the otherworldly entities that brothers Sam and Dean Winchester face on the hit television show Supernatural-and that have inhabited the shadows of human imagination across countless cultures and centuries.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.