- Table View
- List View
Studies show that people who stay active-no matter what their age-benefit from exercise. Not only can it help you feel better, but it makes doing all those day to day tasks easier and more enjoyable. So start exercising today, with Fitness Over Fifty, the National Institute on Aging's guide to exercise for men and women over fifty. You don't need to join a gym or buy expensive equipment. Everything you need to begin your own exercise program is right inside this book. Energy, strength, balance, and flexibility are the ingredients that add up to long' lasting vitality and health. And Fitness Over Fifty features practical advice about how you can reach those goals. With nutrition tips, easy-to follow exercises, and expert advice, Fitness Over Fifty is the last exercise guide you'll need! Fitness Over Fifty includes: Exercise safety tips Ways to get-and stay- motivated Endurance, flexibility, strength & balance exercises Tips on nutrition and healthy eating Daily, weekly, and monthly exercise and nutrition records, and more! The National Institute On Aging, part of the National Institutes of Health, conducts research aimed at improving the health of older people. For this book, the NIA brought together nine of the nation's best' informed experts on the topic of exercise for older adults and consulted many more in different specialties. Together they lead a broad scientific effort to understand the nature of aging and to extend the healthy, active years of life.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.