Showing 1 through 1 of 1 results
National Institute on Aging
Studies show that people who stay active-no matter what their age-benefit from exercise. Not only can it help you feel better, but it makes doing all those day to day tasks easier and more enjoyable. So start exercising today, with Fitness Over Fifty, the National Institute on Aging's guide to exercise for men and women over fifty. You don't need to join a gym or buy expensive equipment. Everything you need to begin your own exercise program is right inside this book. Energy, strength, balance, and flexibility are the ingredients that add up to long' lasting vitality and health. And Fitness Over Fifty features practical advice about how you can reach those goals. With nutrition tips, easy-to follow exercises, and expert advice, Fitness Over Fifty is the last exercise guide you'll need! Fitness Over Fifty includes: Exercise safety tips Ways to get-and stay- motivated Endurance, flexibility, strength & balance exercises Tips on nutrition and healthy eating Daily, weekly, and monthly exercise and nutrition records, and more! The National Institute On Aging, part of the National Institutes of Health, conducts research aimed at improving the health of older people. For this book, the NIA brought together nine of the nation's best' informed experts on the topic of exercise for older adults and consulted many more in different specialties. Together they lead a broad scientific effort to understand the nature of aging and to extend the healthy, active years of life.
Showing 1 through 1 of 1 results
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading
tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.
See and hear words read aloud
Listen to books with audio only
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice
installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only
mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading
tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without
downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation
required). Other browsers can be used with limited features.
Read in Braille
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona
pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed.
Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using
the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter,
section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.