- Table View
- List View
Chapter outline and summary, key terms and definitions, identification questions, multiple choice questions, short-answer questions, essay questions and skill-building activities such as map exercises.
This text ' clear and engaging narrative balances political, social, and cultural history within a clear chronological framework. The Fifth Edition features a thorough revision of the narrative, a complete redesign of the book, and an enhanced art program. The authors explore the enduring vision of the American people, a vision they describe as "a shared determination to live up to the values that give meaning to America." Each chapter has been revised to incorporate the most up-to-date scholarship, with special emphasis placed on technology and public health. "Technology and Culture" boxed features explore the development of new technologies--such as the invention of indoor plumbing and the birth control pill--and their impact on American culture. This edition includes up-to-date scholarship on the experiences of women, Hispanic Americans, Asian Americans, African Americans, and Native Americans in the United States.
Developed to meet the demand for a low-cost, high-quality history book, this text is an economically priced version of THE ENDURING VISION, Seventh Edition--known for its focus on the environment and the land, cultural history, public health and medicine, and the West--including Native American history.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.