- Table View
- List View
Table of Contents Part I: Conceptual and Practical Considerations for Effective Therapy 1. Treating Dissimilar Clients: No Longer the Road Less Traveled 1 Charles Negy 2. Competencies for Providing Services to Dissimilar Clients 23 Anthony F Greene 3. Cross-Cultural Assessment: Conceptual Framework and Guiding 35 Principles Lisa A. P. Sanchez-Johnsen and Israel Cuellar 4. Religious Bigotry in Multicultural Psychology and Therapy 61 Charles Negy and Christopher J. Ferguson Part II: Racial and Ethnic Populations 5. Introduction to Hispanic Americans and Latinos/as 77 Miguel Angel Cano and Flor Vanessa Perez 6. Mexican American Psychology: Theory and Clinical Application 85 Linda G. Castillo and Miguel A. Cano 7. Psychological Issues with Puerto Ricans: A Review of Research Findings 103 Consuelo Arbona and Baisilisa Virella 8. Immigration History and Therapy Considerations with Hispanics from Cuba, Central and South America 133 Edward Anthony Delgado-Romero, Angela Rojas-Vilches, and Kimber L. Shelton 9. African American Clients: History and Therapy Considerations 161 Nique Fajors and Charles Negy 10. Caucasian (White) Americans: The Forging of an Identity and Culture 187 Christopher Aaron Myers, Dawna Cricket Martita Meehan, and Charles Negy 11. Assessment and Psychotherapy with Asian Americans 207 Eddie Yu-Wai Chiu 12. Cultural Bereavement and Sense of Coherence: Implications for Psychotherapy with Southeast Asian Refugees 237 Eddie Yu-Wai Chiu 13. Psychotherapy with Asian Indian Immigrants: Evolving Issues 251 and Concerns Vidyulata Kamath, Benjamin A. Orooji, and Christopher J. Ferguson 14. Multiracial/ethnic Clients: History, Models, and Treatment Implications 269 Charles Negy, Jenny L Klein, and Eva D. C. Brantley 15. Therapy with Native American Clients 289 Charles Negy 16. Mental Health Counseling with Arab Americans 309 Christopher J. Ferguson PART III: Other Culturally Diverse Populations 17. Feminist Therapies: Working with Diverse Women 327 Shelley M. Park 18. Affirmative Counseling and Psychotherapy with Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Clients 363 Dean M. Amadio and Ruperto M. Perez 19. Working with Disabilities: Client, Therapist, Treatment, and Family Variables 401 Cliff McKinney 20. Older Adults: The Emerging Population for the 21st Century 413 Andrea Dixon Rayle
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.