- Table View
- List View
Based on the Motion Picture, Arachnophobia, from Hollywood Pictures and Amblin Entertainment, Inc.
Emily has dreams of drowning. Night after night, she's being sucked under - until the third night. She realizes it's not just a dream. It's really happening to someone - or something. On the rocky shore outside her house, Emily finds a large dog. He's barely alive, but she's determined to save him. She can feel his pain - and his determination to live. The dog is brought to the vet. And with Emily's help, he starts to improve. But is the bond between the girl and her dog something more? She can see what he sees, feel what he feels. And Zack seems to be able to read her mind, too. Is it possible that together, Emily and Zack can do more than read each other's minds? Can they turn their powers to helping other people?
When they rescued him as a stray last Christmas they called their new part German Shepherd, part Collie, Santa Paws. Now it's Christmas again and Santa Paws doesn't go hungry any more. Twelve-year-old Patricia and her ten-year-old brother, Greg, are excited about taking him in their Uncle Steve's small plane to meet their parents for a snowy, country Christmas. Then the fun turns to terror when the plane crashes in a treetop in the wilderness. Only with Santa Paws' help do they escape the plane before it plunges over a cliff. All but Greg are injured, yet they manage to make a small shelter and build a fire. Uncle Steve is too badly hurt to help. Patricia and Greg are ordinary kids like you. The snow is falling fast so they know planes can't come looking for them. On Christmas eve they face the possibility that despite trying their best, they might die. Will they live to celebrate another Christmas? Find out in this exciting adventure. Check out the other three books in the Santa Paws series in the Bookshare collection. Look for: #1 Santa Paws, #3 Santa Paws Come Home, and #4 Santa Paws to the Rescue.
Last Christmas in Oceanport? It's Christmastime, Santa Paws' favorite time of year! The famous dog and his human friends Gregory and Patricia are gearing up for another rescue-filled holiday season. But then Mr. and Mrs. Callahan break the news -- the family is moving to New York City! What will Oceanport do without them? Well, for starters, the whole town turns out to bid their favorite dog a fond farewell. But this holiday season has a little something more in store for Santa Paws. On Christmas morning, a very special visitor will arrive. . . .
Santa paws the dog who loves his family and being called, "Good Dog," is back. The Christmas season starts out perfectly for him. He saves a toddler and gets Chinese food as a reward. When he's kidnapped and taken hundreds of miles from home, he and his family don't feel like Christmas any more. As the Callahans search for him, he escapes and starts walking home. It's cold, he's hungry and many people don't like him, but Santa Paws isn't a dog who gives up. He trots north, stopping only long enough to rest, find food and give help when he senses people or animals are in trouble. His adventures make exciting reading. You'll cheer for the dog who seems to almost work magic at Christmas time. Read the Santa Paws books from Bookshare. They are, #1 Santa Paws, #2, The Return of Santa Paws, and #4 Santa Paws to the Rescue with more Santa Paws books to come.
Santa Paws has hit it big! Now that it's Christmastime again, he's been asked to do appearances at malls, shopping centers, and children's hospitals all throughout New England. But when disaster strikes, Santa Paws is there to save the day.
Performing daring rescues and other brave acts, a homeless puppy earns the name Santa Paws and is adopted by a loving family.
"STORM OF THE CENTURY! It was almost Christmas. With Santa Paws safe at home, it was sure to be a wonderful holiday. No one could have guessed a devastating ice storm was about to hit their tiny town. Now people are trapped in their homes without heat and water. Fallen trees, downed power lines, and slick roads mean danger for all who live there. Santa Paws is up against the biggest disaster he has ever faced." He can't drive police cars or dial 911, but he can show ambulance drivers which way to go, push people out of harm's way, just in time, and keep people who are in big trouble from giving up. Now, he has his cat friend Abigail to keep him company on his rescue missions. She teases him more than helping him but she doesn't want to be left behind. His owner Gregory is thirteen and his sister, Patricia is fourteen. They are old enough to carry out their own rescue missions, even in freezing sleet and gale force winds. Check the Bookshare collection for all 9 of the Christmas adventure books in the Santa Paws Series. Start with #1 Santa Paws, #2 The Return of Santa Paws, and #3 Come Home Santa Paws.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.