- Table View
- List View
The 21st Century Pharmacy Technician covers the foundations and principles that a student needs to know in order to practice as a pharmacy technician and sit for the certification exam. Students are given an introduction to the profession from the perspective of both community and institutional pharmacy settings. With accessible language and an easy-to-read format, this text helps students grasp concepts easily. It provides a comprehensive introduction to the pharmacy profession, pharmacy laws, pharmacology, drug dosages, drug safety, and more, in preparation for a future as a pharmacy technician. Topics covered include:#149; Laws, Regulations, and Standards#149; Pharmacy Math#149; Diseases and the Drugs Used in Treatment#149; Dosage, Administration, and Dispensing of Medications#149; Medication Safety#149; Sterile and Non-sterile Compounding#149; Communication#149; Business of the Community Pharmacy#149; Managing the Patient Profile#149; Processing Prescriptions
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.