- Table View
- List View
Eastern cultures have long attributed well-being to the balancing of one's chakras--or vital energy centers within the body--through yoga, meditation, and breathing exercises. This book, by the author of the best-selling Yoga Deck, introduces the seven major chakras--Root, Sacral, Navel Solar Plexus, Heart, Throat, Third Eye, and Crown. Learn how they affect your overall state of being and how to balance chakras that have become blocked or overloaded.
From the author of the best-selling Yoga Deck comes Essential Yoga--the only hatha yoga book to offer this many poses (over 100), this many illustrations (over 180), and this many suggested sequences (over 50). Practical and interactive, it focuses on the poses themselves, providing clear, concise instructions and detailed illustrations for each, all in a lay-flat format that's easy to refer to during yoga practice. It also includes six classic moving meditations (such as Sun Salutation and Camel Vinyasa), 10 beginner-to-advanced sessions, and 48 mini-sequences designed to build strength for specific activities or alleviate health problems. Essential Yoga combines physical poses (asanas), breathing exercises (pranayamas), and meditations (dhyanas) into a simple and complete reference guide for yoga practitioners of all levels. Along the way, author Olivia Miller provides guidance on proper technique and alignment; modifications for beginners or those with knee, neck, or back pain; suggestions for preventing injury; and ways to keep a regular practice interesting and active. For beginners as muchas experts looking for one complete book that has it all, Essential Yoga is it.
This deck of toning techniques uses one simple and versatile tool--the fitness ball--and provides 50 ways to help tone and strengthen core stabilizers and maintain balance. First used in physical therapy to build resistance and regain strength in particular parts of the body following injury, fitness balls have rolled into the mainstream as popular and effective tools for muscle conditioning and for enhancing any overall fitness program. You'll have a ball!
Olivia H. Miller provides the ultimate resource for a lasting end to back pain with this deck of 50 stretches, movements, and meditations. Designed with an eye toward restoration and repair (as well as maintenance) each illustrated card is packed with step-by-step guidance and informative tips on technique and basic back care.
Develop a strong and flexible body that moves with ease and grace. With these 50 pilates exercise cards, you'll enjoy invigorating exercise that targets areas which support good posture and long muscles. Without relying on machines, The Pilates Deck makes working out easy by incorporating mat exercises that progress from preparatory movements to advanced sequences.
A healthy body, clear mind, and soaring spirit are now within reach in Pilates Fusion--a holistic approach to one of the most beneficial fitness practices today. Melding the best of Pilates with Eastern philosophy, Pilates Fusion features over 50 fully illustrated stretching, breathing, and mat-based exercises matched with meditative visualizations to awaken the spirit while strengthening the body. Pilates instructor Shirley Sugimura Archer provides tips on setting up a practice space, pointers on correct execution, and enlightening counsel on the mind-body-spirit connection. Offering simple exercises for those just starting out along with more advanced forms, plus sequences tailored to meet specific needs, Pilates Fusion makes it easy to become fit and feel fantastic--inside and out.
Strength training is one of the most effective ways to improve overall health and achieve a toned and fit appearance. Building strong, healthy muscles boosts your metabolism, increases your energy level, promotes good posture and balance, and helps prevent osteoporosis and injuries. With the 50 exercises in The Strength and Toning Deck, you can start right away with a basic conditioning program and progress your fitness training at your own pace.
Stretching is one of the most effective ways to enhance overall fitness. This easy-to-use tool by the author of the best-selling Yoga Deck addresses key body regions-neck, shoulders, back, legs-in a handy portable format. Slip it into a gym bag and supplement any workout or use it any time to promote flexibility, prevent injury, and release tension.
Like its best-selling companion deck, The Yoga Deck II allows beginners, experts, and instructors to make rejuvenating meditations part of daily life. The Yoga Deck II includes a new selection of breathing exercises, warm-ups, poses, and meditations (providing even more variety and options for workouts) and can be used on its own or in combination with The Yoga Deck. On a beach, in the home, or even at the office, these portable cards are ideal for stress relief and for promoting strength and energy.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.