- Table View
- List View
The growth of the field of eating disorder research has led to a vast array of empirical articles, and the development of new animal models that can be used to study these disorders continues to stimulate new research. Animal Models of Eating Disorders serves as a collection of detailed techniques contributed by experts in the field who are well-versed in the development and implementation of these models. Since eating disorders are complex and likely due to a combination of environmental, genetic, and social causes, the detailed chapters of this volume have been designed to highlight different contributing factors. Collectively, these chapters give a comprehensive and representative overview of both recently developed and classic methodologies used in the study of eating disorders. Written for the popular Neuromethods series, this work contains the kind of thorough description and implementation advice that promises successful results. Authoritative and practical, Animal Models of Eating Disorders aims to aid researchers in the use of animal models to assist in their investigation and characterization of the behaviors and neurochemical alterations associated with these devastating disorders.
A food addiction expert reveals definitive proof that sugar is addictive, and presents the first science-based plan to cut out the sugar, stop the cravings that cause most diets to eventually fail, and lose weight--permanently. Most diets work for a while...but there usually comes a point when the dieter can't maintain the strict dietary changes required to lose additional pounds or keep the weight off. Why? Because cravings take over and, as with cigarettes or drugs, the pull becomes too strong to resist. In Why Diets Fail, Dr. Nicole M. Avena explains that sugar addiction underlies those cravings and shares a revolutionary plan for going sugar-free and sticking to the diet during the make-or-break withdrawal period. Dr. Avena's easy-to-use sugar table expresses the amount of sugar in 600+ common foods so dieters know precisely what to eat and what to avoid, and co-author John Talbott shares his personal story (and tips for success) about quitting sugar and losing 50 pounds along with his cravings for nicotine and alcohol.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.