- Table View
- List View
Believe it or not, Rotten Ralph turns 25 this spring. During that quarter century, he has entertained many young children with his shenanigans, which are more often than not rather naughty. Young readers and listeners will delight in helping Ralph celebrate his birthday in this all-new recording of Happy Birthday, Rotten Ralph, read by author Jack Gantos, who brings Ralph to life with this lively reading. This resealable package comes with a paperback and a two-sided cassette tape. The audio production includes lively sound effects and original music. Side one includes page-turn signals; side two features an uninterrupted reading.
Poor Rotten Ralph. His health just isn't what it used to be. Thanks to his rotten ways, he's down to the very last of his nine lives! "One more slip and he'll be gone forever," warns the vet. Sarah, Ralph's doting owner, is fiercely determined to keep her cat safe. But how much coddling can Ralph take before he has to do something totally and utterly rotten? In this ninth tale about the most delightfully disobedient cat in town, being naughty has never looked so good to Rotten Ralph. But then again, after a hard day's rotten work, neither does the warmth and safety of Sarah's lap!
In desperation, Sarah sends Rotten Ralph to feline finishing school. Will Ralph's mischief finally be a thing of the past? This package comes with a paperback and a two-sided cassette tape. The professionally narrated audio production includes lively sound effects and original music. Side one includes page-turn signals; side two features an uninterrupted reading.
Ralph, a very, very nasty cat, finally sees the error of his ways -- or does he?
Rotten Ralph is not at all nice to the Christmas visitor.
Sarah wakes Ralph up with a great big kiss. "Happy Valentine's Day!" she says. Rotten Ralph hides under his pillow. Sarah is very excited to take Ralph to Petunia's Valentine's Day Party. But Ralph will do almost anything to avoid the party and drippy Valentine kisses!
Sarah takes Ralph to school so he can do his ABC's for show and tell, but as usual, the rotten cat refuses to cooperate.
Sarah and Ralph are invited to a Halloween party, and the invitation says, "Come as the thing you love best." So Sarah and Ralph go as each other. But then Ralph starts to make trouble and Sarah gets blamed-Ralph's tricks are no treats for her!
Rotten Ralph makes an earnest attempt at good behavior but is enticed, not too reluctantly, into a series of misadventures by some ruffian alley cats. "The gleefully naughty story is matched by antic pictures, so brashly colored that they glow in the dark. " -- Publishers Weekly
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.