The upcoming IoT age will blur the line between our physical and online lives. Attacks targeting our online spaces will put our physical security at risk. Traditionally, the attack vectors to our fundamental luxuries have required physical tampering, mostly because access to the infrastructure has been limited from the Internet. This is about to change with the upcoming disruption caused by a future with billions of "things" connected to the Internet.This book takes a fascinating look into abusing the most popular IoT-based devices already available in the market. You'll learn how a simple attack can cause a perpetual blackout targeting LED lightbulbs, how bad security decisions have grossly violated the physical safety and privacy of families, and how the insecurity of powerful electric vehicles can put your life at risk.The goal of this book is to demonstrate tangible risk in IoT devices that we're going to depend on more and more as time progresses. Once we begin to understand the cause of actual security vulnerabilities in devices today, we will begin to set the path for a future that will help us enable these devices to securely enhance and augment our lives.The stakes are high. Malicious attackers are already hard at work uncovering and exploiting these security defects and they will continue to find crafty avenues to abuse their knowledge every way they can. These attackers span the spectrum of curious college students to sophisticated private and state sponsored criminal gangs that are interested in terrorizing individuals and populations. The impact of security vulnerabilities in IoT devices can lead to mass compromise of privacy and cause physical harm.
With the advent of rich Internet applications, the explosion of social media, and the increased use of powerful cloud computing infrastructures, a new generation of attackers has added cunning new techniques to its arsenal. For anyone involved in defending an application or a network of systems, Hacking: The Next Generation is one of the few books to identify a variety of emerging attack vectors. You'll not only find valuable information on new hacks that attempt to exploit technical flaws, you'll also learn how attackers take advantage of individuals via social networking sites, and abuse vulnerabilities in wireless technologies and cloud infrastructures. Written by seasoned Internet security professionals, this book helps you understand the motives and psychology of hackers behind these attacks, enabling you to better prepare and defend against them. Learn how "inside out" techniques can poke holes into protected networks Understand the new wave of "blended threats" that take advantage of multiple application vulnerabilities to steal corporate data Recognize weaknesses in today's powerful cloud infrastructures and how they can be exploited Prevent attacks against the mobile workforce and their devices containing valuable data Be aware of attacks via social networking sites to obtain confidential information from executives and their assistants Get case studies that show how several layers of vulnerabilities can be used to compromise multinational corporations
This concise, high-end guide shows experienced administrators how to customize and extend popular open source security tools such as Nikto, Ettercap, and Nessus. It also addresses port scanners, packet injectors, network sniffers, and web assessment tools. Network Security Tools is the one resource you want at your side when locking down your network.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.