- Table View
- List View
The Care and Keeping of Me helps focus on the importance of face cleansing, exercising, hair care, and nutrition.
This bestselling guide answers all the questions growing girls have about their bodies - from hair care to healthy eating, bad breath to bra buying, pimples to periods. It offers guidance about basic hygiene and health without addressing issues of sexuality. Over 1 million copies sold!
The original favorite has been updated! This sensitive companion to the bestselling book, The Care & Keeping of You, helps girls understand their emotions and learn to deal with them. They'll get tips on expressing their feelings and staying in control, plus advice on handling fear, anxiety, jealousy, and grief. Girl-friendly format features fun illustrations and letters from real girls written to American Girl magazine. A special section addresses fears related to events like school shootings and terrorist attacks.
What Would You Do? is filled with dilemmas most girls face sooner or later. Each problem is followed by three different solutions. Choose the response that most closely matches what yours would be. Then find out what that choice says about you. While you might not have the power to control what happens on the outside--at school, at home, or with friends--you can always control what happens on the inside. You do this by making choices that are right for you. We hope this book will help you do just that.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.