- Table View
- List View
This book examines how counsellors and psychotherapists interact with those clients who may suffer from mental health issues. While practising counsellors and psychotherapists meet clients who have problems across the entire mental health spectrum, there are a number of particular disorders that these practitioners are particularly likely to encounter. These include anxiety, depression, stress, addiction, phobias and behavioural problems. In this book, all of these conditions are explained and the ways in which therapists can best help such clients are discussed. There are sections on client assessments as well as addiction issues and understanding mental health law.
This book offers students and trainees a thorough guide to clinical assessment. It covers different types of clinical assessment and explores the implications of the alternative views on clients' needs and treatment. It explores clinical assessment as an 'art and science' and brings the reader up to date with new requirements placed on therapists in both organisational and clinical practice based settings. In addition to outlining models for clinical assessment, it looks at the use of evidence-based practice in assessments. There are sections on doing assessments within organisations as well as from private practice.
Written specifically for students on counselling and psychotherapy courses, this book gives an overview of the profession from its early beginnings in psychotherapy and psychoanalysis through the development of the different schools and approaches of talking therapies including psychodynamic, cognitive behavioural and person-centred approaches. Working within various sectors, such as the commercial, educational and public, is also considered and discussed. The author concludes the book by looking at where counselling and psychotherapy is heading in the future.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.