- Table View
- List View
This book examines how counsellors and psychotherapists interact with those clients who may suffer from mental health issues. While practising counsellors and psychotherapists meet clients who have problems across the entire mental health spectrum, there are a number of particular disorders that these practitioners are particularly likely to encounter. These include anxiety, depression, stress, addiction, phobias and behavioural problems. In this book, all of these conditions are explained and the ways in which therapists can best help such clients are discussed. There are sections on client assessments as well as addiction issues and understanding mental health law.
This book offers students and trainees a thorough guide to clinical assessment. It covers different types of clinical assessment and explores the implications of the alternative views on clients' needs and treatment. It explores clinical assessment as an 'art and science' and brings the reader up to date with new requirements placed on therapists in both organisational and clinical practice based settings. In addition to outlining models for clinical assessment, it looks at the use of evidence-based practice in assessments. There are sections on doing assessments within organisations as well as from private practice.
Written specifically for students on counselling and psychotherapy courses, this book gives an overview of the profession from its early beginnings in psychotherapy and psychoanalysis through the development of the different schools and approaches of talking therapies including psychodynamic, cognitive behavioural and person-centred approaches. Working within various sectors, such as the commercial, educational and public, is also considered and discussed. The author concludes the book by looking at where counselling and psychotherapy is heading in the future.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ���DAISY Text with Images���.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.