- Table View
- List View
The daughter of an animal trainer gets involved with a nobleman-soldier, and with the plots surrounding Caesar, Cleopatra, and young King Ptolemy in ancient Alexandria. Some descriptions of sex. From the book jacket: AN UNCERTAIN CONQUEROR Ramtat saw her tears and was almost undone. "I have no right to touch you since you are under my protection." She took several quick steps away from him. "How can I trust you now? If you can't keep away from me, then let me go home!" Ramtat stalked across the rug to stand before her, capturing her face between his hands and turning it toward the lantern. "The gods have given you the face of a goddess, the green eyes of our queen, and a temper that would sour goat's milk." She stared at him coldly. "I'm glad you dislike me. I would consider it an insult if you thought well of me." Overcome with weariness, he sat on one of the couches. "I've never implied I disliked you." He looked at her, totally confused. He had commanded legions, conquered nations and been covered with glory, but nothing had prepared him for his encounters with Lady Danae. "I am no longer surprised that your father kept you hidden in the country. In the few weeks I've known you, you have made an enemy of Gaius Julius Caesar, the most powerful man in the world, and if you hadn't left Alexandria when you did, you might have toppled the whole Ptolemaic Dynasty."
WANTED: Caroline Richmond started running on her wedding day-the same day her husband died. Her malicious brother-in-law had kept his vow to make her a widow, but she knew he wouldn't stop at that, and her solitary life was filled with fear of him always one step behind her. She thought she'd found a shred of peace in Texas, and at least a glimmer of the life she deserved. But when a mysterious bounty hunter came to town, she knew the wrath in his amber eyes was meant only for her. He found a way to be everywhere she was, speaking words with double meaning in his smooth French accent and making her nerves hum in a way she thought she'd conquered. Wade Renault came out of retirement for one reason: to see a deceptive murderess brought to justice. But when he met the woman pictured in the tintype he'd carried for months, he sensed more panic than treachery. She lived too simply, she seemed too honest and scared. Someone had deceived him, but he would wait it out and get her right where he wanted her, beneath... The moon and the stars.
When petite, onyx-haired Cameron Madrid refused to share her ranch's water supply, Hunter Kingston was furious. The two families had always had cause to feud, but this year of drought was no time for spite. The arrogant, handsome landholder considered asserting his rights at gunpoint--then decided instead to win her with searing kisses and weaken her will with slow caresses. Only when he'd taken all he wanted would he leave the icy beauty and punish her for daring to challenge his authority! Ever since she was a little girl, spirited and proud Cameron had learned of the wrongs the wealthy Kingstons had perpetrated on her family... and all she had ever dreamed of was getting even. But the night strong, dark Hunter showed up at her door, the innocent miss was caught off guard. His deep, masculine voice made her want to hold him close, his strong, tanned hands made her yearn to feel his touch. In the back of her mind she swore she'd never let him use her stream, but now all she could think of was his lips crushing hers, her soft flesh pressed against the firm muscles of his chest-and succumbing to feverish rapture beneath the September moon.
In the second of an epic new series set in Egypt during the sumptuous reign of Cleopatra, a lovely Egyptian spy loses her heart to a powerful Roman lord, but dares not reveal that she is not the slave she pretends to be. Follows Lord of the Nile, but can stand alone. Some descriptions of sex.
Four time travel romance novellas: The Heirloom (Balogh), A Dream Across Time (O'Banyon), Man of Her Dreams (Brown), and Bride's Joy (Minger).
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.