- Table View
- List View
Margaret Garnett, too tall, too smart, and much too much a Northerner, felt as if she were being watched from the moment she arrived to teach at Tennessee's Magnolia University. The feeling became a shivery chill when she moved into Rebel's Retreat, the historic cottage built by Confederate General Ashton Johnson. But the shock of seeing the general's portrait and recognizing him as the man of her most passionate fantasies left her with an eerie certainty -- that somehow his ghost was actually there. Soon Margaret was reading old letters and devouring every fact on the dashing Ashton, his engagement to a fickle beauty who may have been a spy, his death at the hands of a Union sharpshooter. But nothing prepared Margaret for the fever, the dizziness, and the shock of waking up in a vanished era -- in Ash's arms. Suddenly alive in a South of scorched earth and tears, she knew this was where she had always belonged...where she had been sent to alter the course of war itself, to embrace a destiny time could not stop and a love death could not deny....
In Ireland, a young, thoroughly modern American woman has inherited a charming eighteenth-century townhouse, and an unforeseen destiny. Maura Finnegan is utterly taken with the quaint, romantic nature of her new home on Merrion Square...as well as the dashing, elegant ghost who lives there. Lingering to solve the mystery surrounding his death, the apparition appeals to Maura for help in his desperate quest, and unknowingly leads her to Donal Byrne, the extraordinarily handsome man who holds the long-buried secret. Maura's about to discover the compelling history behind her own Irish roots...and a love that transcends the barriers of time.
When Liz McShane goes back in time to the 1920's, she meets a man who is a musical legend in her 1992 life. Unfortunately, she falls in love with him, knowing that he will die in less than fifteen years. Liz is determined to change history, and remain in the 1920's where she feels at home, instead of finishing out her life sixty-five years later where she is less than happy.
Trying to forget her latest blind date from hell, Liz McShane silently bewailed the impossibility of finding the man of her dreams in 1990s New York. Returning home late on a Saturday night, alone with her thoughts, she never expected that she was about to collide with destiny. But a bump on her head, a fall through the doors of an arriving train...and Liz's whole world changed. Independent, blue-jean-clad Liz regained consciousness in what seemed to be the Roaring Twenties, amid Broadway's glittering lights...and face to face with Alex Aarronson, the famous composer who had died in a tragic 1935 plane crash. Dark-haired, tall, with a powerful body and ruggedly handsome face, Alec got up from his piano and walked into her life. Liz might be in the wrong era, but the feelings between her and Alec were unquestionably right. She was as certain of that as she was that she had been sent through the corridors of time for a reason. Yet Liz didn't know of the breathtaking adventure about to begin...and of the love that must change everything, past and future...or break her heart.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.