- Table View
- List View
Margaret Garnett, too tall, too smart, and much too much a Northerner, felt as if she were being watched from the moment she arrived to teach at Tennessee's Magnolia University. The feeling became a shivery chill when she moved into Rebel's Retreat, the historic cottage built by Confederate General Ashton Johnson. But the shock of seeing the general's portrait and recognizing him as the man of her most passionate fantasies left her with an eerie certainty -- that somehow his ghost was actually there. Soon Margaret was reading old letters and devouring every fact on the dashing Ashton, his engagement to a fickle beauty who may have been a spy, his death at the hands of a Union sharpshooter. But nothing prepared Margaret for the fever, the dizziness, and the shock of waking up in a vanished era -- in Ash's arms. Suddenly alive in a South of scorched earth and tears, she knew this was where she had always belonged...where she had been sent to alter the course of war itself, to embrace a destiny time could not stop and a love death could not deny....
In Ireland, a young, thoroughly modern American woman has inherited a charming eighteenth-century townhouse, and an unforeseen destiny. Maura Finnegan is utterly taken with the quaint, romantic nature of her new home on Merrion Square...as well as the dashing, elegant ghost who lives there. Lingering to solve the mystery surrounding his death, the apparition appeals to Maura for help in his desperate quest, and unknowingly leads her to Donal Byrne, the extraordinarily handsome man who holds the long-buried secret. Maura's about to discover the compelling history behind her own Irish roots...and a love that transcends the barriers of time.
When Liz McShane goes back in time to the 1920's, she meets a man who is a musical legend in her 1992 life. Unfortunately, she falls in love with him, knowing that he will die in less than fifteen years. Liz is determined to change history, and remain in the 1920's where she feels at home, instead of finishing out her life sixty-five years later where she is less than happy.
Trying to forget her latest blind date from hell, Liz McShane silently bewailed the impossibility of finding the man of her dreams in 1990s New York. Returning home late on a Saturday night, alone with her thoughts, she never expected that she was about to collide with destiny. But a bump on her head, a fall through the doors of an arriving train...and Liz's whole world changed. Independent, blue-jean-clad Liz regained consciousness in what seemed to be the Roaring Twenties, amid Broadway's glittering lights...and face to face with Alex Aarronson, the famous composer who had died in a tragic 1935 plane crash. Dark-haired, tall, with a powerful body and ruggedly handsome face, Alec got up from his piano and walked into her life. Liz might be in the wrong era, but the feelings between her and Alec were unquestionably right. She was as certain of that as she was that she had been sent through the corridors of time for a reason. Yet Liz didn't know of the breathtaking adventure about to begin...and of the love that must change everything, past and future...or break her heart.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.