- Table View
- List View
With millions of people suffering from food allergies, obesity, and generally less-than-perfect health, the connection between how we feel and the food we eat has never been more apparent. Now, in Gluten-free, Sugar-free Cooking, gourmet chef and food-allergy sufferer Susan O'Brien offers more than 200 great-tasting recipes -- covering everything from breakfast to dessert -- that are perfect for people with food allergies as well as for those who simply want to adopt a more healthy way of eating. Free of gluten, sugar, and usually dairy, these tasty dishes are also invaluable for people living with medical conditions such as candida, fibromyalgia, Crohn's disease, diabetes, autism, and ADHD, who must avoid certain foods to better control their symptoms. Complete with product sourcing information, substitute ingredients, dining out advice, and online resources, Gluten-free, Sugar-free Cooking makes eating healthfully and avoiding problematic foods easy and delicious.
Ideal cookbook for many health conditions: The Gluten-Free Vegan is a groundbreaking cookbook, combining both special diets for healthier, allergy-free eating. Millions of Americans have health conditions like celiac disease, fibromyalgia, or food allergies that require a gluten- and/or dairy-restricted diet. In addition, going vegetarian/vegan is fast becoming mainstream, and many vegans are also looking to cut gluten from their diet. The Gluten-Free Vegan offers solutions for anyone seeking a tasty approach to healthier eating. Quick, easy, and delicious recipes: Written by a food-allergy sufferer and gourmet cook, this collection includes more than 150 healthy recipes for a wide range of dishes that are both gluten-free and vegan. The cookbook also includes guidelines of each dietary restriction, information on sugars, raw foods and organic foods, advice on ingredient preparation, quick-cooking tips, and resources for easily finding ingredients.
With at least 30 percent of Americans suffering from gluten sensitivity and the huge interest in vegan and vegetarian lifestyles, the demand for hearty recipes that are free from wheat, gluten, meat, and dairy products has never been greater. Susan O'Brien is back with the sequel to her popular Gluten-Free Vegan--this time featuring quick and easy versions of everyone's favorite comfort food recipes complemented by helpful tips to make your dishes fantastic. Recipes include Pumpkin and Pecan Waffles with Pumpkin Maple Butter, "Mac and Cheese," Stuffed Bell Peppers, Baked Bean Casserole, Molasses Cookies, Key Lime Pie, and Berry Rice Pudding.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.