- Table View
- List View
As times change, so do norms of behavior in the office. 301 Smart Answers to Tough Business Etiquette Questions has the answers you need to survive daily life in the professional environment. Following the same popular Q&A format of her bestselling 301 Smart Answers to Tough Interview Questions, Oliver will tell you how to get the job and how to keep it by navigating all the intricacies of the modern workplace. Where other etiquette guides evoke images of a stilted and stuffy Victorian tea party, Oliver's witty answers to common questions are both engaging and accessible. She believes that etiquette is not a throwback to some bygone age, but has a direct and tangible impact on your career right here and now. Off come the white gloves as she tears away the corporate veil to reveal things they still don't teach at Harvard Business School, such as: Making a good first impression (and how to fix a bad one!) How to behave in elevators, airplanes, and supply closets Surviving cabs, commutes, and coffee shops Why time is not necessarily money everywhere on the planet Pre-approved conversational topics from A to Z Dining rules and regulations for the twenty-first century What to do when you are suddenly unemployed Electronic communication And much more! 301 Smart Answers to Tough Business Etiquette Questions will ensure that you know how to conduct yourself in every conceivable professional interaction.
In today's job market, how you perform in an interview can make or break your hiring possibilities.
The wealthier few get invited to glitzier parties, live in swankier homes, drive faster cars, and date hotter people. But why should life's perks accrue to only the fantastically rich? In a world where social standing is determined by perception, Live Like a Millionaire (Without Having to Be One) will show you what it takes to mingle with millionaires, party with plutocrats, and attain the lavish lifestyle on a stipend. Vicky Oliver will teach you how to:Dress to impress, even if the emperor (you) has no clothes.Skimp on the items no one will notice anyway.Achieve millionaire hair for pennies.Develop frugalista fashion flair. Amass a $64 million vocabulary.Use your conversational charm and social media moxie to schmooze your way into the Inner Circle.Attain the trappings of luxury-no matter your net worth!
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.