- Table View
- List View
This next volume in our established series proposes to systematically review the basic science and clinical knowledge of the role of free radicals and antioxidants, collectively known as "oxidative stress", in the pathology of arthritis and other joint diseases. It will describe the most current diagnostic tools , laboratory methods and technology, to suggest ways of prevention and treatment and to emphasize the concept of the bench-to-bedside approach. The book will also provide specific coverage on emerging technology and medical applications including discussions of biomarkers and antioxidants as therapeutic agents and several more relevant aspects. In addition, the book will promote the concept of using biomarkers representative of oxidative stress reactions and free radical damage , as well as describe the effect of antioxidants in treating disease in clinical trials. The content will be valuable to researchers studying the development of arthritis/joint disease, and clinicians treating patients with these diagnoses.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.