- Table View
- List View
* Lower your risk of metabolic disorders, disease, and chronic weight gain * Protect yourself against the estrogenic substances in the environment, products, water, and food Learn how certain foods and herbs can protect you! Estrogenic chemicals--known for causing the near extinction of various living species--are found in some of the most common foods we eat. In this revolutionary diet book, Ori Hofmekler addresses the millions of overweight and obese individuals who have failed or are disappointed with other diets--those who suffer from yoyo dieting, weight gain rebounds, or accumulation of stubborn fat in the belly and other estrogen-sensitive areas. Focusing on our current over-exposure to estrogenic chemicals in the environment, foods, and water,The Anti-Estrogenic Dietprovides a practical solution to fat gain, estrogen-related disorders (PMS, endometriosis, fibrocystic disease), and increased risk of common cancers in women and men (breast, ovarian, cervical, prostate). Allowing you to still enjoy your favorite foods, the program is based on incorporating anti-estrogenic foods, spices, and herbs into your diet, while eliminating estrogenic foods and chemicals. Exposing dietary myths and fallacies, Hofmekler teaches readers that some foods commonly regarded as "healthy" may actually be harmful and vice versa. Special chapters dedicated to readers with different needs and health conditions, recipes, a question-and-answer section, and a list of scientific references are also included in this valuable resource.
Diet and fitness books appear at a dizzying rate - and with a wealth of dubious claims - in a culture facing increasing health problems based on a sedentary lifestyle. Ori Hofmekler'sMaximum Muscle, Minimum Fatpulls out of the pack by focusing on the biological principles that dictate muscle gain and fat loss. Written for the widest readership-competitive athletes, bodybuilders, trainers, martial artists, sports nutritionists and coaches, dieters, and anyone concerned about their health-the book builds on the concepts popularized inTheWarrior Diet. Author Hofmeklerdescribes in simple, lay terms how under-eating and fasting can trigger an anabolic switch that stimulates growth and rejuvenation; how to reengineer the body at the cellular level to burn fat and build muscles; and how to naturally manipulate the body's hormones for rapid muscle fusion and faster fat breakdown. Maximum Muscle, Minimum Fatoffers smart strategies for taking advantage of hunger to stimulate growth, burn fat, and boost brain power; techniques for turning insulin into a muscle builder instead of a fat gainer; and methods for shattering training and diet plateaus-in the process enhancing metabolic function, improving performance, and increasing the capacity to gain, and sustain, prime health.
Provocatively written yet grounded in science, Unlock Your Muscle Gene is a revolutionary guide to physical transformation and the latest information on muscle conditioning, weight loss, and anti-aging strategies. According to Ori Hofmekler, we need to learn how to trigger the genes that retain and develop our muscles and extend our lives--we need to unleash this innate program that transforms pain to power and makes our bodies thrive. Hofmekler exposes the false theories behind modern fitness and presents the actual biological principles upon which human diet and training should be based. He also details how to combine foods; the right meal timing and meal size; why we need to separate AM foods and PM foods; the ideal fuel to prevent "hitting the wall"; how long and how often to train; and whether we can develop a super-muscle fiber hybrid with unmatched strength and durability. Unlock Your Muscle Gene will inspire you on your path to a stronger, healthier, biologically younger body. From the Trade Paperback edition.
Along with the many benefits of leisure-class living comes obesity and its attendant ailments. In The Warrior Diet, Ori Hofmekler looks not forward but backward for a solution-to the primal habits of early cultures such as nomads and hunter-gatherers, the Greeks, and the Romans. Based on survival science, this book proposes not ordinary dietary changes but rather a radical yet surprisingly simple lifestyle overhaul.Drawing on both scientific studies and historical data, Hofmekler argues that robust health and a lean, strong body can best be achieved by mimicking the classical warrior mode of cycling--working and eating sparingly (undereating) during the day and filling up at night. Specific elements from the Warrior Diet Nutritional Program (finding ideal fuel foods and food combinations to reduce body fat) to the Controlled Fatigue Training Program (promoting strength, speed, and resilience to fatigue through special drills), literally reshape body and mind. Individual chapters cover warrior meals and recipes; sex drive, potency, and animal magnetism; as well as personalizing the diet for women. Featuring forewords by Fit for Life author Harvey Diamond and Fat That Kills author Dr. Udo Erasmus, The Warrior Diet shows readers weary of fad diets how to attain enduring vigor, explosive strength, a better appearance, and increased vitality and health.From the Trade Paperback edition.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.