- Table View
- List View
Clinical management and signs are the focus of this practical cardiogenetic reference for those who are involved in the care for cardiac patients with a genetic disease. With detailed discussion of the basic science of cardiogenetics in order to assist in the clinical understanding of the topic. The genetic causes of various cardiovascular diseases are explained in a concise clinical way that reinforces the current management doctrine in a practical manner. The authors will cover the principles of molecular genetics in general but also specific to cardiac diseases. They will discuss the etiology, pathogenesis, pathophysiology, clinical presentation, clinical diagnosis, molecular diagnosis and treatment of each cardiogenetic disease separately. Therapy advice, ICD indications, indications for and manner of further family investigation will all be covered, while each chapter will also contain take-home messages to reinforce the key points. The chapters reviewing the different diseases will each contain a table describing the genes involved in each. Each chapter will also contain specific illustrations, cumulatively giving a complete, practical review of each cardiogenetic disease separately. Special emphasis will be given to advice on how to diagnose and manage cardiogenetic diseases in clinical practice, which genes should be investigated and why, and the pros and cons of genetic testing. Guidelines for investigation in families with sudden cardiac death at young age will also be included. This book will be written for the general cardiologist and the clinical geneticist who is involved in cardiac patients and will provide answers to question such as: Which genes are involved and which mutations? What is the effect of the mutation at cellular level? Which genes should be tested and why? What is the value of a molecular diagnosis? Does it influence therapy? When should the first degree relatives be tested and in which way?
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.