- Table View
- List View
Will commercial fame crush a tween's hopes of serious stardom? Isabel Marak Flores has appeared in dozens of independent films and recently received glowing reviews for her role in a small Off-Broadway show. When an agent sees her on stage and suggests she go out for some commercial work, Isabel declines. How can a serious actress appear in television commercials for cupcake-scented deodorant and other silly products? However, when Isabel's parents tell her that they can't afford the tuition for the world-famous dramatic academy she has her heart set on, a few commercial auditions don't seem so bad. She just has to make sure her new crush, the adorable but slightly smug, Preston Banner III, doesn't find out about any of it. If he does, he might not be waiting for her in the wings after they play their scene from Romeo and Juliet for the Actor's Studio benefit. Isabel books a spot for a new energy drink which will only air in Japan. Seems perfect, but then she learns that the energy drink, HappyWow, is coming to America--and her face is about to be plastered on billboards, displayed in magazines, and looped endlessly on television. Can this serious actress learn how to enjoy life and not take everything quite so seriously during her brief dramatic pause?
The first in a fresh new M!X series about girls involved in the cutthroat world of modeling and acting! Brittany Rush has been appearing in commercials and print ads since her backside was the official derriere of Simply Dry Diapers. The queen of callbacks, she is distraught when her family moves to Hong Kong for a year, forcing her to be an anonymous kid in a foreign country. When she (finally!) returns stateside, she's eager to resume her steady diet of go-sees, auditions, callbacks, and bookings in NYC. But to her shock, Brittany realizes that in the year that she was gone, she lost her title as the unconquerable cute kid: Now she's just one of the many pretty girls waiting her turn. Will Brittany be able to steal back her spotlight? Or will she discover there's more to life than being a commercial success? spotlight to start shining on her again but instead she finds that, in the year that she has been gone, she has changed from being the cute kid to watch out for to just one of the many pretty girls waiting her turn. Will Brittany be able to steal back her spotlight? Or will she discover there's more to life than being a commercial success?
A teen actress has to wonder: In the cutthroat world of commercial modeling and acting, can a happy family be reality?On camera, it's easy to be part of a perfect family: A director has hand-picked your parents after a week of callbacks, and the right things to say are printed on cue cards. Off camera, reality is a bit more complicated. Cassie Herold knows her parents are having problems. Her dad basically lives on the road and sees her more on TV than he does in real life. Her mom, a math professor who would rather balance an equation than get a manicure, is nothing like the energetic, perfectly groomed f.m.'s (fake moms) she sees at auditions for everything from snack cakes to energy water. If only Cassie could get her real life to be a bit more like her commercial life, then maybe she could get a date with Rory Roberts--the cutest boy in both the commercial and the real world. But will her family ever get back on track and be picture perfect?
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.