- Table View
- List View
Will commercial fame crush a tween's hopes of serious stardom? Isabel Marak Flores has appeared in dozens of independent films and recently received glowing reviews for her role in a small Off-Broadway show. When an agent sees her on stage and suggests she go out for some commercial work, Isabel declines. How can a serious actress appear in television commercials for cupcake-scented deodorant and other silly products? However, when Isabel's parents tell her that they can't afford the tuition for the world-famous dramatic academy she has her heart set on, a few commercial auditions don't seem so bad. She just has to make sure her new crush, the adorable but slightly smug, Preston Banner III, doesn't find out about any of it. If he does, he might not be waiting for her in the wings after they play their scene from Romeo and Juliet for the Actor's Studio benefit. Isabel books a spot for a new energy drink which will only air in Japan. Seems perfect, but then she learns that the energy drink, HappyWow, is coming to America--and her face is about to be plastered on billboards, displayed in magazines, and looped endlessly on television. Can this serious actress learn how to enjoy life and not take everything quite so seriously during her brief dramatic pause?
The first in a fresh new M!X series about girls involved in the cutthroat world of modeling and acting! Brittany Rush has been appearing in commercials and print ads since her backside was the official derriere of Simply Dry Diapers. The queen of callbacks, she is distraught when her family moves to Hong Kong for a year, forcing her to be an anonymous kid in a foreign country. When she (finally!) returns stateside, she's eager to resume her steady diet of go-sees, auditions, callbacks, and bookings in NYC. But to her shock, Brittany realizes that in the year that she was gone, she lost her title as the unconquerable cute kid: Now she's just one of the many pretty girls waiting her turn. Will Brittany be able to steal back her spotlight? Or will she discover there's more to life than being a commercial success? spotlight to start shining on her again but instead she finds that, in the year that she has been gone, she has changed from being the cute kid to watch out for to just one of the many pretty girls waiting her turn. Will Brittany be able to steal back her spotlight? Or will she discover there's more to life than being a commercial success?
A teen actress has to wonder: In the cutthroat world of commercial modeling and acting, can a happy family be reality?On camera, it's easy to be part of a perfect family: A director has hand-picked your parents after a week of callbacks, and the right things to say are printed on cue cards. Off camera, reality is a bit more complicated. Cassie Herold knows her parents are having problems. Her dad basically lives on the road and sees her more on TV than he does in real life. Her mom, a math professor who would rather balance an equation than get a manicure, is nothing like the energetic, perfectly groomed f.m.'s (fake moms) she sees at auditions for everything from snack cakes to energy water. If only Cassie could get her real life to be a bit more like her commercial life, then maybe she could get a date with Rory Roberts--the cutest boy in both the commercial and the real world. But will her family ever get back on track and be picture perfect?
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.