- Table View
- List View
WATCH OUT FOR CREEPY CRAWLIES! It's Emily's turn to host the next sleepover, and she's having a campout! Her dad's going to grill hot dogs, and they'll tell ghost stories and fall asleep to the sounds of crickets chirping. Fun! But Taylor isn't as excited as the others. Sure, she loves parties and is always up for new adventures...but she also has a secret that she's kind of embarrassed about. She's afraid of bugs! She knows she can tell her friends the truth, but they're really looking forward to sleeping in a tent. Taylor doesn't want to ruin their fun, but she's really scared to sleep outside. Will Taylor be able to make it through the night?
The Sleepover Squad faces an all-new slumber party obstacle: boys!It's Taylor's turn to host a sleepover, which is exciting...except that her next-door neighbor--a bratty boy her own age--won't leave her alone. And when he plans a sleepover for the same night as the Squad's, Taylor is totally irked. But after the boys challenge the girls to an all-out sleepover competition, the fun is just beginning--or is it? Can Taylor trounce the boys and still keep her friends happy?
Jo is so excited! Her parents have agreed to let her host the Sleepover Squad to celebrate her win in the spelling bee! Jo loves to be organized, so she's busy making plenty of lists -- like what kind of food she'll serve her friends and what games they'll play. She's even picked a special theme! But when the Squad starts acting strangely, Jo gets worried. It seems like her friends are keeping secrets from her. Jo tries not to let their behavior hurt her feelings -- after all, it's probably nothing. But she can't help but wonder: What if the girls don't want to come to her sleepover anymore? Or worse, what if they don't want to be friends with her at all?
It's Thanksgiving break and Kara is psyched to be hosting the next sleepover. Jo is also excited -- she just learned that her cousin Ceci is coming to visit for the whole week! Ceci lives in another state so Jo hardly gets to see her, and she can't wait to introduce Ceci to the Squad! At first everyone is thrilled, but then it seems like Jo is only paying attention to her cousin. Everyone is worried about the sleepover. Will it still be as fun? Or will Jo only care about spending time with her cousin and forget about the Squad completely?
Meet Ziggy and his friends Rico, Rashawn, and Jerome! They call themselves The Black Dinosaurs and share exciting adventures in these fast-paced, easy-to-read stories that include historical, social, and scientific information along with action and thrills. In The Buried Bones Mystery, the boys build a clubhouse in Ziggy's backyard, where they uncover a box of bones while digging to bury their secret treasures. The boys are swept up in a mystery more intriguing--and scary--than anything they could have imagined. Who could have buried a box of bones behind their clubhouse? In Lost in the Tunnel of Time, the boys discover their hometown was a stop on the Underground Railroad and are excited to explore the part of the tunnel that is right under their school. When a trapdoor slams behind them, locking them in the tunnel, there's only one thing they can do--plunge deeper and deeper into the darkness. Where will the tunnel lead them? And will the old, crumbling walls hold until they find their way to the end?
WANT TO SLEEP OVER? COME JOIN THE FUN! It's the last week of second grade, and Taylor has big news for her best friends, Emily, Jo, and Kara: She's inviting them to her house on Friday night to celebrate! But this is no ordinary party -- it's going to be their first sleepover party! The girls can't wait to stay up late, play games, and watch movies. But Emily is also secretly worried. She knows her parents aren't going to let her spend the night at Taylor's, and she doesn't want to be left out of all the fun. Will Emily have to stay home and miss the party, or can she find a way to prove to her parents that she's old enough to go?
It's Kara's turn to host the Sleepover Squad's latest party, and she couldn't be more excited! Until her annoying brothers get wind of the event, and promise they're going to play all kinds of practical jokes on the Squad. That is, unless Kara agrees to be their slave. Oh no! Poor Kara is running herself ragged trying to keep up with her rotten brothers' demands, without letting her friends find out. She's worried her pals won't want to come to her house--or, worse, that they'll want to disband the Squad! But when the rest of the Squad finds out what's going on, they tell Kara to quit being the boys' slave and relax. After all, no matter what those creeps can do to them, these girls know something the boys don't: getting mad isn't the same thing as getting even....
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.