This fully revised second edition of Seizures in Critical Care: A Guide to Diagnosis and Therapeutics is an essential guide for ICU professionals and neurologists. Incorporating the last five years of advances in the field, this invaluable title keeps the same structure as the previous edition, with sections on epidemiology, pathophysiology, diagnostic evaluation and treatment options, but includes an extra chapter on seizure monitoring in the ICU. This edition also adds a number of new sections dedicated to new treatments, such as neurostimulation, hypothermia or resection of the refractory epileptic focus and antiepileptic drugs. In addition, readers will find extra flow charts and treatment algorithms with more specific drug doses. Further, more EEGs with better explanation and labeling for the non-expert intensivist have been added to each section. Chapter authors comprise the same international group of renowned experts as in the first edition, as well as several new expert contributors. Chapters cover vital topics such as seizures in organ transplant recipients, those resulting from renal and hepatic failure, seizures related to alcohol misuse, and seizures resulting from brain injury and tumors. In all, this new and expanded edition of Seizures in Critical Care: A Guide to Diagnosis and Therapeutics fills evolving needs and entices new interest in the care of patients who suffer epileptic events. Comprehensive and indispensable for ICU professionals and neurologists, this new edition will again meet - and surpass - the need for more in-depth and specialized knowledge about seizures in critical care.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.