Lexi the squirrel doesn't trust humans. After all, it was a human who abandoned PeeWee the guinea pig in Central Park. So Lexi is outraged when a strange-looking man swipes the apple that the friends were about to eat. But when the stranger rescues PeeWee from the jaws of a dog, Lexi has a change of heart. Can two rodents make a difference in the life of a man living hungry and friendless in Central Park? Welcome back the street-smart squirrel and the well-read guinea pig in this stand-alone companion to PeeWee's Tale, which Publishers Weekly called "humorous and insightful."
Here is an all-new Park Pals adventure from the author of PeeWee's Tale and Lexi's Tale. When Plush, a female guinea pig, ends up in Central Park, PeeWee thinks he'll have a family soon. But at first, Plush would rather listen to classical music than explore the wild outdoors with him. Then PeeWee finds out that winter will be coming--something neither of them have ever faced. And for once, PeeWee's best friend, Lexi, who always has something smart to say, doesn't have much advice. Will PeeWee and Plush overcome their differences in time to prepare for the bitter cold?Full of surprises, and featuring an adorable cast of guinea pig babies, this action-packed tale about building friendship and conquering fear is sure to find a special place in readers' hearts.
A guinea pig in Central Park? PeeWee, once a boy's dear pet, has been secretly released into the wilds of Central Park. But instead of relishing his freedom, PeeWee is at first a stranger in a strange land--until he meets Lexi, a city-wise squirrel who gives his new stubby-tailed friend some tips as well as some confidence. A series of eye-opening adventures--from the search for PeeWee's former owner to his discovery of the power of reading--turns a timid rodent into an endearing hero that will leave Hurwitz fans cheering for more.
A little girl looks forward to keeping all of Milly's puppies, but when they begin to make big demands on her, she changes her mind about them.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.