- Table View
- List View
From the book: If Albert could live under water, he might be a fish. And if he could fly, he just might be a butterfly-one with a very round stomach, that is. But Albert can't do either and he doesn't know what he is, except that he is something with two feet and that very round stomach. As Mrs. Bluebird points out, he can't be a bird: "No wings, you see." And he can't even hop, so he's definitely not a frog. Poor little Albert. Not one of the friendly animals of the forest can decide just what Albert is. They can only tell him what he isn't. But then, just when Albert and his friends are so tired they can scarcely walk another step, they go around a curve and there in a beautiful green meadow is the happy answer to all their questions. Patricia Kinsey's and artist Zena Bernstein's deep love of nature shines through story and illustrations with a sensitive, sure touch that makes ALBERT THE ALBERT a uniquely beautiful book. Picture descriptions are included.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.