- Table View
- List View
A ground-breaking book on the needs and issues of girls with attentional problems: why they are often undiagnosed, how they are different from boys, and what their special needs are in school, in their social world and at home. Age-related checklists from pre-school to high school help parents and professionals better identify and help girls with ADHD.
Living with food allergies and intolerances used to mean one had to stick to a restrictive, often tasteless, and sometimes downright unpleasant diet-but not anymore. In What to Eat When You Can't Eat Anything, Chupi and Luke Sweetman, who had to rethink the way they ate because of their own food challenges, offer over 120 healthful and delicious dishes that put the joy back into eating. These mouth-watering recipes accompanied by 40 stunning photographs-covering breakfast to dessert-are perfect for all types of food sensitivities, from wheat, sugar, and yeast to dairy products, gluten, and artificial additives, and best of all, they allow readers to indulge in many of the everyday foods that we all know and love. With the collaboration of Patricia Quinn-one of Ireland's best-respected nutritionists-this book is filled with important information and sound advice on specific food allergies and intolerances, what foods and ingredients to stock, how to buy them, and much more. What to Eat When You Can't Eat Anything is guaranteed to add fun-and great taste-to every food-sensitive diet.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.