- Table View
- List View
An autobiography of Annette Funicello.
Autobiography of the pop star
The Parents' Guide to Teaching Kids with Asperger Syndrome and Similar ASDs Real-Life Skills for Independenceby Patricia Romanowski Peter Gerhardt
The definitive resource for teaching kids with Asperger syndrome the life skills that build independence, confidence, and self-esteem. Children with autism spectrum disorders learn differently. Our kids' choices are too often limited and their paths to success restricted, not by a lack of intellectual ability but by deficits in acquiring, applying, and generalizing basic life skills. Success in school, at home, on the playground, and beyond depends on mastering countless basic living skills that most other kids just "pick up" almost by osmosis. This book shows parents how to teach these so-called easy skills to complex learners. This is the first book for parents and caregivers of kids with Asperger syndrome and similar learning profiles that features strategies based on applied behavior analysis--the most widely accepted, evidence-based, and effective teaching method for learners with ASDs--including how to: -Identify critical skills appropriate for your child's age--how to teach them and why-Implement new techniques that can replace, mimic, prompt, override, or impose missing order on your child's learning style -Design a curriculum for your child that reduces reliance on prompts (including parents) and promotes new learning, new behaviors, and independenceFrom the Trade Paperback edition.
This is a book that will open your mind to an infinite realm of possibility, reassurance, and spiritual growth. It is the phenomenal true story of George Anderson. A man gifted with the extraordinary ability to communicate with spirits "on the other side," Anderson offers documented evidence of his powers through thousands of readings and dozens of scientific tests. Believers and skeptics alike have been astonished by the accuracy of his psychic communications. He reveals to his subject information--about events, experiences, trivia, even nicknames--for which the only possible source is the living consciousness of the deceased. Messages of forgiveness, peace, hope, and love... Believe it. Millions of Americans have already seen the proof of Anderson's ability on nationwide television and call-in radio. Now, the warmth and wisdom of his remarkable gift offers us all a glimpse of eternity. A heartfelt, universal vision that tells us "No one you are close to ever dies..."
It is one of the most convincing accounts of communication with the deceased. A gentle religious man, Anderson was almost committed to a state mental hospital at age 16 because of his "visions," but by his 20s, he was helping spirits communicate with friends and relatives still residing on this plane of existence. Approximately 15 percent of the time he's not correct, and this is attributed to mix-ups in human communication or ignorance on the part of the questioner. The information that living folks pass between each other is often relayed or perceived inaccurately, so it seems logical that some perceptive error would occur in communications from the incarnate--particularly since a lot of these are conveyed through images, symbols, and tactile impressions. Anderson's conversations make for an engrossing read not to be missed.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.