- Table View
- List View
The true story of the abduction and murder of Opal Jo Jennings in 1999.
PARTNERS IN CRIME A teenager cutting school. A stranded biker hitching a ride. A single mother on her way to a birthday party. A television executive with a nice condo. They had nothing in common -- except their murderer. Robert Ressler, the FBI's expert on serial killers, called him "even more dangerous than Ted Bundy." Blood Rush is the chilling story of the life and crimes of Texas Death Row inmate Ricky Lee Green, America's most deviant serial killer. Raised by abusive relatives, Ricky was an alcoholic runaway by age fifteen, turning tricks for male johns. While building up a police record for everything from making obscene phone calls to sexual assault, his addiction to violent sex grew fiercer. Then he met his wife, Sharon, the preacher's daughter with tastes as perverse as his. With her he discovered a way to take his desires to their horrific extreme: After mutilating and killing, they had sex in the blood of their victims! Based on Ricky Lee Green's own exclusive account, this is the most astounding true crime story ever reported.
On January 12, 1995, in Knoxville, Tennessee, 19year old Colleen Slemmer went for a walk with her friend 18-year-old Christa Pike. Suddenly, Christa turned on Colleen, accusing her of flirting with her boyfriend. Then the words turned to shocking blows. An enraged Christa used a box knife to cut her rival's throat and a mini meat cleaver to inflict more havoc. Half-naked, Colleen crawled through her own blood begging for her life. In the middle of the hour-long assault, a satanic symbol was carved in the dying girl's chest. And when Christa was finally done, she took a piece of Colleen's skull as a macabre souvenir. What were the dark forces that drove angelic-faced Christa to commit such a savage murder and become the youngest woman ever to be put on Death Row? In this shocking expose of a case that stunned the nation, Patricia Springer takes us through a horrifying crime scene and into the heart and mind of a murderess who killed for love-and would die for it, too.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.