- Table View
- List View
The true story of the abduction and murder of Opal Jo Jennings in 1999.
PARTNERS IN CRIME A teenager cutting school. A stranded biker hitching a ride. A single mother on her way to a birthday party. A television executive with a nice condo. They had nothing in common -- except their murderer. Robert Ressler, the FBI's expert on serial killers, called him "even more dangerous than Ted Bundy." Blood Rush is the chilling story of the life and crimes of Texas Death Row inmate Ricky Lee Green, America's most deviant serial killer. Raised by abusive relatives, Ricky was an alcoholic runaway by age fifteen, turning tricks for male johns. While building up a police record for everything from making obscene phone calls to sexual assault, his addiction to violent sex grew fiercer. Then he met his wife, Sharon, the preacher's daughter with tastes as perverse as his. With her he discovered a way to take his desires to their horrific extreme: After mutilating and killing, they had sex in the blood of their victims! Based on Ricky Lee Green's own exclusive account, this is the most astounding true crime story ever reported.
The Sex Killer Next Door<P> To the people of Olney, Texas, 39-year-old Faryion Wardrip was an upright citizen--a happily married man, a valued employee, and a respected Sunday school teacher. But everyone in Olney would soon learn the chilling truth about the man they thought they knew.<P> His Brutal Rape-Murder Spree<P> In January, 1999, investigators reviewing the files of three unsolved murders dating back 15 years came across information linking Wardrip to the attractive young female victims--Terry Sims, 20, who had been bound, raped and stabbed to death;Toni Gibbs, 23, who was found slashed and sexually assaulted in a deserted bus shell;and Ellen Blau, 21, who disappeared after working a night shift, her badly decomposed body found a month later.<P> The Mounting Body Count<P> Smart police work snared a sample of Wardrip's DNA, matching it with semen found in the Sims case. Wardrip confessed to the three murders, and one more--the strangulation death of Debra Taylor, 25--though it was Sims' murder that put him on Texas's death row and made him the prime suspect in 10 other similar unsolved murders in Fort Worth.
On January 12, 1995, in Knoxville, Tennessee, 19year old Colleen Slemmer went for a walk with her friend 18-year-old Christa Pike. Suddenly, Christa turned on Colleen, accusing her of flirting with her boyfriend. Then the words turned to shocking blows. An enraged Christa used a box knife to cut her rival's throat and a mini meat cleaver to inflict more havoc. Half-naked, Colleen crawled through her own blood begging for her life. In the middle of the hour-long assault, a satanic symbol was carved in the dying girl's chest. And when Christa was finally done, she took a piece of Colleen's skull as a macabre souvenir. What were the dark forces that drove angelic-faced Christa to commit such a savage murder and become the youngest woman ever to be put on Death Row? In this shocking expose of a case that stunned the nation, Patricia Springer takes us through a horrifying crime scene and into the heart and mind of a murderess who killed for love-and would die for it, too.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.