- Table View
- List View
"What on earth would we do with a bouncy dog like Clarence in New York City?" asks Mrs. Logan. That's easy. If you know Clarence, you know he's at home everywhere - even in the biggest city in the world. While Mrs. Logan takes over a dress shop, Brian, Sis, and Clarence take over New York. Who else but Clarence the TV dog could bring fame to an unknown restaurant, capture a wild beast, or trap a ring of thieves?
Tells how hurricanes form, how scientists study them, and how they have affected the United States throughout this century. [This text is listed as an example that meets Common Core Standards in English language arts in grades 4-5 at http://www.corestandards.org.]
A fascinating look at the life of a remarkable woman and the unsolved mystery surrounding her disappearance during her attempt to fly around the world in 1937.
Young reptile fans will be fascinated with the explanation of how snakes find and kill their prey. Poisonous snake enthusiasts will be delighted with two pages about rattlesnakes in this simple and readable explanation of an inherently interesting subject.
All of the people who came to the Americas many thousands of years ago walked across the Bering Land Bridge between Siberia and Alaska. Right? Wrong! Some early Americans did come that way, but tantalizing evidence shows that many did not. Young readers are invited to come along with Pat Lauber as she explores what new evidence is being found and what it means for one of history's most intriguing mysteries.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.