- Table View
- List View
This book provides a systematic introduction to the topic of Hardware-Software Codesign. The material emphasizes the basic ideas, and the practical aspects of Hardware-Software Codesign. The book developed from a course on the topic of Hardware-Software Codesign, organized by the author at Virginia Tech. It is separated into four differenct sections; Basic Concepts, Custom Architectures, Hardware/Software Interfaces, and Applications. The author covers many concepts including the various forms of expressing computations, sequential and parallel implementations, control-flow and data-flow, control dependency and data dependency, latency and throughput as well as the architecture design space of hardware data paths, finite state machines, micro-programmed machines, instruction-set processors, system-on-chip, and on-chip buses. The material also includes the different forms of hardware/software interfaces, their impact on performance, hardware cost, and software complexity. The book contains information on hardware/software integration of components on top of hardware/software interfaces as well as design methodology and design flows for hardware-software codesign including performance evaluation, verification and synthesis of hardware and software implementations. Problems are included at the end of each chapter and a solutions manual will be available for instructors.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.