- Table View
- List View
How an organization manages its information is arguably the most important skill in today's dynamic and hyper-competitive environment. In Enterprise Information Management, editor Paul Baan and a team of expert contributors present a holistic approach to EIM, with an emphasis on action-oriented decision making. The authors demonstrate that EIM must be promoted from the top down, in order to ensure that the entire organization is committed to establishing and supporting the systems and processes designed to capture, store, analyze, and disseminate information. They identify three key "pillars" of applications: (1) business intelligence (the information and knowledge management process itself); (2) enterprise content management (company-wide management of unstructured information, including document management, digital asset management, records management, and web content management); and (3) enterprise search (using electronic tools to retrieve information from databases, file systems, and legacy systems). The authors explore EIM from economic and socio-psychological perspectives, considering the "ROI" (return on information) of IT and related technological investments, and the cultural and behavioral aspects through which people and machines interact. Illustrating concepts through case examples, the authors provide a variety of tools for managers to assess and improve the effectiveness of their EIM infrastructure, considering its implications for customer and client relations, process and system improvements, product and service innovations, and financial performance.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.