- Table View
- List View
How an organization manages its information is arguably the most important skill in today's dynamic and hyper-competitive environment. In Enterprise Information Management, editor Paul Baan and a team of expert contributors present a holistic approach to EIM, with an emphasis on action-oriented decision making. The authors demonstrate that EIM must be promoted from the top down, in order to ensure that the entire organization is committed to establishing and supporting the systems and processes designed to capture, store, analyze, and disseminate information. They identify three key "pillars" of applications: (1) business intelligence (the information and knowledge management process itself); (2) enterprise content management (company-wide management of unstructured information, including document management, digital asset management, records management, and web content management); and (3) enterprise search (using electronic tools to retrieve information from databases, file systems, and legacy systems). The authors explore EIM from economic and socio-psychological perspectives, considering the "ROI" (return on information) of IT and related technological investments, and the cultural and behavioral aspects through which people and machines interact. Illustrating concepts through case examples, the authors provide a variety of tools for managers to assess and improve the effectiveness of their EIM infrastructure, considering its implications for customer and client relations, process and system improvements, product and service innovations, and financial performance.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.