- Table View
- List View
Inferno, Purgatorio, and Paradiso -- the three fates of the deceased become the three pillars of an epic poem. The Divine Comedy, written by Italian poet Dante Alighieri in the fourteenth century, is considered the foremost work in Italian literature. The journey begins with Dante's descent into the depths of Hell where he witnesses those eternally separated from God. Then he climbs the mountain of Purgatory where Christian souls undergo final purification, before finally touring the celestial circles of Heaven where he is filled with the image of God. An allegorical work, the comedy is representative of the soul's journey towards God.Influential for seven centuries, this classic is a must have for lovers of great literature, and the luxurious leather-bound edition from Canterbury Classics will make a stunning addition to any library.
The editors of Canterbury Classics have chosen to print the King James version of the Holy Bible, which contains both the Old and New Testaments. The Holy Bible was first copied by scribes and, because of its length and the time it took to hand write each book, only the elite had a copy. It wasn't until the 1440s when Johannes Gutenberg invented his revolutionary printing press that the first printing of the Bible made copies available to the lower class. Only forty-eight copies of Gutenberg's original Latin print run exist, and they are considered to be the most valuable books in the world.- This beautiful leather-bound edition comes with luxurious endpapers, gilded edges, illustrated interior, and a ribbon bookmark.- The Holy Bible is the world's best-selling book, to date.The Holy Bible is a divinely inspired book that transcends time.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ���DAISY Text with Images���.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.