The most reliable and widely used personal health text, Connect Core Concepts in Health utilizes the theme of personal responsibility to teach and motivate students about health and wellness. The twelfth edition provides current, accurate, scientifically based information about a wealth of health and wellness topics and issues. Connect Personal Health is now seamlessly and deeply integrated with Blackboard and Blackboard related course management systems. Connect is an interactive online learning system that provides interactive multimedia-driven activities and assessments, such as interactive quizzes, video activities, health assessments, Internet research activities, online behavior change workbook, a fitness and nutrition log, and a multimedia ebook. Most activities and assessments are auto graded, entered into the grade book, and automatically uploaded to blackboard. This saves you time, holds your students accountable, and allows for seamless Course Management integration. Only one sign-on is needed for access to Blackboard and Connect, the grade book is integrated, and much much more. To address today's students' need for more portable, more relevant classroom tools, we are providing the book in a three-hole punched, loose-leaf version. Ask your rep for the correct ISBN to also provide each student full access to Connect Plus and the multimedia e-book at no extra charge with each copy of the loose-leaf text.
This book designed to motivate students to take their health seriously. It helps them understand why they should make healthy choices and how they can change unhealthy patterns. And it gives them to tools to do it.
Incorporating fitness and wellness into one's daily life.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.